TV Survivor: David vs. Goliath (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting first episode. First one where the first to leave was via injury. Another thing, this Survivors 19th year, why are they still only paying out 1 million dollars. Cheap SOB's. Executive Producer Jeff Probst's net worth is 40 mill and I'm sure CBS is making a fortune off of it.

Was a solid episode. Really nice not to have a bunch of previous survivors.

Good to find this thread here...

look like weather is going to play a huge role in this year's season.
I have never seen so many pop-up downpours in an episode... everybody is gonna get wet.

When the first competition was first starting I told my wife that someone was either going to get sick or hurt in this rain. The show needs to take at least some caution on what happens with the weather.

When the first competition was first starting I told my wife that someone was either going to get sick or hurt in this rain. The show needs to take at least some caution on what happens with the weather.
I noticed that the rain was in varying degrees of intensity. I think they do halt things sometimes and show others.

It was a tough break for Pat that he got injured on the boat ride back to camp in some rough water. There was no way they could let him continue with the amount of pain he had in his back.

I broke two vertebrae in 2006 in a boating accident. Assuming he did indeed do something similar (or worse), they had to pull him, no matter what he said. Put him in another season if you want (unlikely), but they had to pull him.

interesting start so far. We got a TV actor/writer and a WWE superstar and some serious cuties.

Reminds me of our first night of basic, first night out training....a soldier got struck by lighting and killed (RIP). That’s the night I learned weather is real. And trumps the military adage, if it ain’t raining we ain’t training. 23 years ago and still remember it was a soldier from Echo 423.

That’s weather related but to not get chastised fully on topic, I didn’t know this show was still around.

Not the pretty ladies first! That is some awful weather, think Jeff feels sorry for them.

He has to feel sorry for them. I cant believe they voted her out... I just do t see the goliath team losing. The merge will be interesting.

I don't know why they pegged Lyrsa as weakest at challenges. She was key in winning the only challenge the David team won. Bi was ripping her when she single-handed cost them the challenge because she took forever to climb a ladder. Tribal council blindside in first vote. Classic.

She was still being bossy, even after getting snuffed out, but that seemed to be the theme of this episode.

I thought this was a great episode...had a little bit of everything...

--A competitive athlete making the difficult decision to quit so that they don't further injure themself.
--A tribe shakeup
--Introduction of exile island when there wasn't any hint of it coming
--A crazy hunt for an advantage (did they just throw a bunch of coconuts in the water right before he got there? Was the marked cocount sitting on the beach, or was it in the water?)
--A new advantage that looks to be interesting
--A great challenge that was actually VERY close
--A great tribal council with a very entertaining elimination (My only gripe: The editing made it very clear who was going home...they spent all that time with her being paranoid and the other two saying that it would be foolish to flip..It was obvious that one or both would flip and she was getting voted out)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom