Survivor: Edge of Extinction (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Survivor starts tonight. Regretfully they are bringing back four previous players. New twist, there will be an "extinction Island" where players can opt to go to the island and return at the next merge or go home.

Me too...and I'm usually all over it. This one really snuck up on me.

From what I understand, the way Extinction Island is going to work is this: When you are voted off, you will have to make a choice. You can leave the game, or you can go to Extinction. There will be NOTHING at Extinction....no challenges, no nothing. You just sit there 24/7 and wait. At some point, there will be a competition among all of the people on Extinction, and the winner will be allowed back into the game. However, it doesn't end there. You are free to quit and leave Extinction whenever you want...but, after the merge, all of the individuals on Extinction will make up the jury. So, if I'm understanding it correctly, it's entirely possible that there could be, say, a final 3 with a jury of 15...or a final 3 with a jury of 1. I don't see 1 juror as a realistic possibility, since I can't imagine players after the merge deciding to leave the game and not remain for the final vote.

Reem seemed like a really difficult person. Not surprised they voted her off based on that tribal alone.

Being mama bear didn't pay off although I thought they were going after the green haired chick. Leave peoples stuff along or at least ask if you can help. Too easy to tick people off in this game. I don't think the tribal whining by mama bear helped. Looks like she chose the Extinction option. I didn't know what was going on until reading the posts above.

I can't believe how quick the young black guy (I don't know names yet) turned on mama bear.

Glad they didn't vote out the green hair girl, be interesting to see how she plays out. Reem already had me aggravated and wonder how long she will make it being extinct.

I came across this, and I thought it was interesting....

So, here is the cast as they were being marooned:
cast.jpeg

And, here is what they were looking at..

crew.jpg

Amazing how much of a crew it takes to get 10 minutes of footage for a tv show like Survivor. The image of the crew comes from an article on EW.com describing day one of Survivor: Edge of Extinction. It's a great read, and gives some insight into things we didn't see. For example, we all saw someone pick up a tiny envelope that said "Secret Advantage" on it....but did we see anyone notice the sign saying "Secret Tribe Reward"??? No...but it's easy to understand how someone could miss a 2 foot by 2 foot black and white sign behind the sack of pineapples they just grabbed.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/20/survivor-edge-of-extinction-marooning/

Good show, I hate to see him leave. I wonder if he will show up on extinction edge with that other chick.

They fooled me. I thought for sure Wentworth was getting blindsided. I'd have tried to drag Keith as far down the road as possible. He was a challenge killer last night. How do you go on Survivor and not learn how to swim better than a five-year old kid?

It drives me nuts when early in team play the losing team starts trying to be "strategic" in tribal council. Insanity. Get rid of weak players to try and stay out of tc. Plenty of time to be "strategic" after the merge.

It drives me nuts when early in team play the losing team starts trying to be "strategic" in tribal council. Insanity. Get rid of weak players to try and stay out of tc. Plenty of time to be "strategic" after the merge.
Keith was not exactly a challenge beast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom