Survivor: Edge of Extinction (1 Viewer)

Devin layed the boom on Julie and Ron and I was hoping he played the Idols in that order. Julie will have a hard time explaining this one back at camp. At least Gavin can tell Auroa that he was protecting her by using the Extra Vote. Was disappointed that there was no Extinction footage with Wardog and Kelly, must have not been enough Drama to make the edit.

I was wondering about Gavin and the extra vote. I'm thinking that the three of them (Gavin/Aurora/Lauren) decided to use that vote that way.

What I was hoping to see happen (even though I knew it was REALLY unlikely) was for Rick to get wind of Lauren's plan to get rid of Ron, and join in with her and Aurora. Then, he could have played Ron's menu, had it rejected and sat down only to watch Ron's shocked face as he got voted out 5-3.

I'm kinda pulling for Devins now. That move just won him a million dollars.(opinion)
All of them will be gunning for him because he was voted out, made it back and now his resume is full. He now just needs to outlast.

Now all bets are off when an extinction player returns because If Aubrey or Kelley get back in with an idol (if they can use it).

This has been an interesting season. I really like how they change things up.

Now all bets are off when an extinction player returns because If Aubrey or Kelley get back in with an idol (if they can use it).

Their idols were given up when they were voted out. Jeff clarified that in an interview with EW after Aubrey was voted out. To quote Jeff, the idols are "gonezo."

I also forgot to say that I think they screwed up on the editing this week. They never should have shown us Devins finding the clue and then retrieving the idol. They should have shown him looking, and everyone making a big deal about it and going thru his bag, and left it at that. The way they edited it, Tribal was kind of boring, since we knew exactly what was going to happen. I think it would have been better for us, as viewers, to think that Devins had been fooled, had his moment to call out Ron and Julie...then we get surprised to find out that he DID find the idol.

As the audience I think we like to be surprised but trying to fooling us when we pretty sure he's got it after finding a clue.... meh. Not every tribal is gonna be fireworks. I thought the instant justice was nice. Ron should have let the menu be found by whom ever so it wouldn't be attributed to him when they used it. 50/50 chance it could wreck someone's game. If it does you bring it up at the final tribal....if you make it that far.

Has anyone else noticed the TV time equation? If a certain person is getting a lot of TV time there is a high percentage they get voted out? It's about 60% of the time ...all of the time. lol

As the audience I think we like to be surprised but trying to fooling us when we pretty sure he's got it after finding a clue.... meh.

I agree, but I wouldn't have shown him finding the clue either. I would have simply showed him out there looking, the people at camp talking about it, and going through his bag.

I personally think that him climbing the tree and getting the idol while everyone was sleeping was one of the best parts of the episode.

IMO, Devins was not going to play that Idol for Julie and seeing the final votes, Gavin's crew had a backup plan. Devin had nothing to lose by exposing the Idol and keeping Julie and he had the same feeling as me, that an extinct player is coming back.

IMO, Devins was not going to play that Idol for Julie and seeing the final votes, Gavin's crew had a backup plan. Devin had nothing to lose by exposing the Idol and keeping Julie and he had the same feeling as me, that an extinct player is coming back.

He certainly wasn't going to play it. Since, well, he didn't. ;) But I agree, he had nothing to lose. I actually thought he was a little too heavy-handed, but he also got Aurora up there in front of the jury and everyone screaming about how he beats any player in the game. And while obviously that is a threat, there's only 3 more eliminations he must avoid, and he's safe for 1. So it's good for him.

I wonder if those on the island have made any sort of theoretical pact to vote for whoever goes back. That would be an "unbreakable" alliance. But of course, keeping their word on that is an entirely different thing. But if I'm a player currently in the main game, I don't want to sit next to a returner, just for that possibility. You're already doing it with Rick possibly, so don't add another.

Not sure I am a fan of how they chose to use extinction island. IMO, They should have kept fewer people on the island. Maybe have random challenges on extinction island and just keep the top 4 and the top finisher gets to come back to the game. Send the rest home or just to the jury. Also, the person that comes back from extinction in the finale is going to have a huge advantage. Like Waymer said, unbreakable alliance.

I'm thinking that Gavin, Lauren, and Victoria had ultimately decided to vote out Aurora prior to tribal. When Devins made his play, they stuck to their original plan. If he doesn't play the idol, they get rid of Aurora. If he does play it for Julia, they get rid of Aurora, and Devins/Julia can't determine who goes home.

In his weekly EW recap, Dalton Ross makes a good point about that. If Lauren/Gavin/Victoria did intend to vote out Aurora the whole time, then Rick's grandstanding with the idol stole that from them. The jury will likely see it as Rick "forcing" them to vote out one of their own. Just like last week, when Lauren and co. decided to vote out Ron. The jury is unlikely to think thru the votes and realize that someone else voted out Ron. They are going to remember Rick's show, again, stealing credit from Lauren.

Rick is surely grandstanding the Jury with his moves and if he makes it to Final Three, he will have a better leg to stand on than someone trying to get credit for the moves.

Not sure I am a fan of how they chose to use extinction island. IMO, They should have kept fewer people on the island. Maybe have random challenges on extinction island and just keep the top 4 and the top finisher gets to come back to the game. Send the rest home or just to the jury. Also, the person that comes back from extinction in the finale is going to have a huge advantage. Like Waymer said, unbreakable alliance.

I think it is a little too many. I agree. I'd much rather have seen it somehow "tougher" to remain, even if that's not competition. And to be honest, the last 2-3 episodes they've not even cared to show EOE.

If you believe in a "winner's edit" theory, then Rick is running away with it. The entire episode this week was essentially all about Rick. Not saying he wins, but he's certainly the editor's choice.

If you believe in a "winner's edit" theory, then Rick is running away with it. The entire episode this week was essentially all about Rick. Not saying he wins, but he's certainly the editor's choice.

Like you say, it's not just that he appears to be getting a winners edit, it's that the other tribe members might as well not even be there. If he gets to the end he'd appear to be the obvious winner, but if he doesn't, who would be the favorite in his absence? Gavin maybe?

No one seems to like Julie, and Victoria has had so little impact on the game that it feels like they've hardly shown her. I thought Lauren might be a player, but since the merge she's not even really been an afterthought among the other tribe members, so they clearly don't see her as a threat to win. And based on the edits the last few weeks I'm not expecting much from whoever returns from edge of extinction, unless maybe its Ron or Aurora, who just just got there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom