Survivor: Edge of Extinction (1 Viewer)

So what happens tonight? I presume the first thing on the agenda is to get rid of extinction island. I'm guessing they will have a challenge and only bring back only one. After that I have no clue. Devens and Lauren both have idols. Everyone knows about Devens' idol. Didn't Lauren reveal her idol to Kelly? If so, and she gets back in the game, she could throw a monkey wrench into the works. To me, Devens has played the best game so far.

Balsey head to head fire challenge by Chris that probably win it for him. I thought Gavin might edge him out or at least get more votes. I liked this group.

Chris had no confidence in the other two to beat Rick in the fire challenge and if Rick makes it back he would probably win. If Chris puts Gavin in the fire challenge and beats Rick, he more than likely wins, that is just an after the fact observation of the votes Gavin received. By Chris sticking his neck on the line, it sort of throws Gavin under the bus. Oh, and they all knew Julie was not getting a Jury vote.

So, with how it played I think the jury made the right decision. After he got back in Chris literally had one path to victory, and he did exactly what he needed to win the game. I think him winning also highlighted how much oxygen Rick took out of the game, and how the other people left were perhaps overly focused on getting rid of him than building their own resumes. When it came to making moves, Chris literally did more in the last few days than Gavin or Julie did in 39.

That said, I don't think I liked that someone could win while only playing about a third of the game and I'm not sure if I want to see "Edge of Extinction" used again. Maybe if the returning player came back a little earlier it would be different, but it was kind of like he played a cheat code or drew a card that said "Advance to the End of the Game." Plus he really benefited from building friendships at the Edge of Extinction, where the future jury members could commiserate and no one had to play politics or conspire against each other.

2 great tribals to end the season. I was sad Devens got the boot but was happy to see Chris win as imo the other 2 didn't deserve it. Also next season has looks to have some potential.

So, with how it played I think the jury made the right decision. After he got back in Chris literally had one path to victory, and he did exactly what he needed to win the game. I think him winning also highlighted how much oxygen Rick took out of the game, and how the other people left were perhaps overly focused on getting rid of him than building their own resumes. When it came to making moves, Chris literally did more in the last few days than Gavin or Julie did in 39.

That said, I don't think I liked that someone could win while only playing about a third of the game and I'm not sure if I want to see "Edge of Extinction" used again. Maybe if the returning player came back a little earlier it would be different, but it was kind of like he played a cheat code or drew a card that said "Advance to the End of the Game." Plus he really benefited from building friendships at the Edge of Extinction, where the future jury members could commiserate and no one had to play politics or conspire against each other.

I like the Edge of Extinction angle, not so much for what it did this season, but for what it does in the future. Future players will always have to realize that the "useless old person" they vote out in the first tribal council could end up helping decide who wins, so they can't just treat them like garbage for three days and then get rid of them. They'll have to be more strategic from day one.

Pretty solid season. I'm not to sure what is going on next season. I didn't care for the finale though. Chris never had to face really hurting other peoples feelings. He went into the jury with no one disliking him.

Very good season. I liked the finale and chris deserved the win. He never got a single vote to leave. Not sure how he did it but that takes skill.

the edge of distinction element is a bit controversial. Rick pointed it out and he’s right that a person who only went through 8 rounds does not deserve it over someone who went the whole 38. Chris ultimately winning, I think, proved that.

Umm, Gavin went through the entire game with no votes. Chris was voted out and went to the Edge. He came back and won. Did not deserve to win in my opinion. Gavin received zero votes. To me this was the weakest final 3 of all time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom