Survivor: Island of Idols (1 Viewer)

Worst survivor ever. Jeff should have thrown out Dan the moment this came up and investigated.

I understand the predicament that the show was in. If they remove Dan because Kellee complained, they are setting a precedent that if one person complains about someone making them uncomfortable, that player will be removed. What happens the next time someone complains? What happens if someone decides to use that as a strategy to get a player removed? Once they do that, it's going to potentially cause problems down the road.

He admitted tonight that many of the other survivors admitted during the interviews, before Dan was let to continue, knew what Dan was doing.

I'm not sure that's what he said...at least, that's now how I understood it. What he said was that there were multiple player who said, "Oh...you're talking about Dan." It could have been that Kellee complained enough to everyone that the people with common sense were able to figure out what production was talking about. At least one of the players (Noura, I think it was), said that she had no problem with the way Dan was acting. It could have been that other players were unaware of how Dan had acted towards Kellee and thought that she was overreacting.

And to top it all off, we learn that the next Survivor is 20 past winners being re-cycled. I don't usually like the recycle type shows but after this season it may be a breath of fresh air.

I agree that the All-Winners edition has a huge potential for failure. But, that has been something that people have have been crying for since season 20 (when there were enough winners to make a complete season). So, let's give those people what they want, and if its a disaster, they will hopefully see that and never do it again. That's one of the things about Survivor. They constantly have to update the show, and try things that look good on paper. There is no way to know how it will end up working. Take this season, I think that the IDEA of Sandra/Rob acting as mentors was a good one, but it fell flat in the execution.

As Janet told Jeff after getting voted off, she should have kept the Idol she found a secret. Do not know if that would have helped her, but she did get busted by Dean when she showed it to Tommy.

As far as Dan, any of you been to some kind of Youth Protection trainings? The trainings would teach you to look for posturing(behavior that is intended to impress or mislead) by adults (male and female) toward unsuspecting youth and in this case, it was toward the female cast members. All that touchy-feely was to see how far he could get before his next move. Just lying around and out of nowhere touching/tickling someone you just met seems to be on the creepy side.

I'm guessing Dean just didn't do enough to build relationships, and I was a little surprised that Noura didn't receive any votes, but Tommy has to be one of the least accomplished winners they've had in a while.

As Janet told Jeff after getting voted off, she should have kept the Idol she found a secret. Do not know if that would have helped her, but she did get busted by Dean when she showed it to Tommy.
I hate it when a player finds an idol and just has to tell someone for "strategic" reasons. 9 times out of 10 it blows up in their face.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom