Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X (1 Viewer)

While I enjoyed the season the finale was just crap. Ken votes out Dave yet some how Adam gets the credit for it. Um OK. Hannah played both sides to get to the end then some how Adam gets treated like he is some kind of Survivor genius. I really had no idea who would win during the last tribal but as soon as Adam told every one about his mom I looked at my wife (she wanted Ken or Hannah to win) and told her "It's over Adam just one this". Please don't take it wrong I am sad to hear about his mom but let's be honest everyone out there had a reason but I guess his was better :shrug:

I can say I'm excited for next season Tai, Ozzie and Crazy cop guy all back. HELL YES.

Ken also knew Adam did not make the right choices and would be better to have in the final 3. But, Ken did not know he was going to have the sad story of his(Adam) mom to sway the whole jury, who(Jury) seemed to not remember the strategies of Survivor and not just the players home life.

I kind of got the impression throughout the season that Ken wasn’t very popular among the other cast members. I think he rubbed people the wrong way with his emphasis on loyalty, such that when he turned on David at the end it made him look like a complete hypocrite (and keeping Adam over David turned out to be a horrible decision, evidenced by his clean sweep win). Had Ken not flipped on David he may still have lost (to David instead of Adam), but he also could have made the argument that he played his way and made it to the end and was looking to win purely on the merits of his play (including his late immunity run) -- switching strategies at the end took that away from him.

Adam was definitely not one of my favorites, but I was okay with him winning, and overall I think it turned into a pretty good season. As a side note, I think they’ve done a real good job improving the final episode over the last few seasons. The finale used to seem really drawn out, with the “walk down memory lane” of the eliminated cast members -- “oh yeah, that weird person from the first vote that we couldn’t wait to get rid of…she was just like family" -- and other filler type material. The added challenges and eliminations make it a much more compelling two hours.

Agree, can do without “walk down memory lane”, if you watched the series, did not need that staged recap of the cast, guest sometimes they just need a big filler gap.

Also ok with Adam winning, as he did what he had to do and get in the final 3 and get his story to the Jury to decide.

Great season but I'm not in to sympathy vote to choose winner. I would have voted for the Nerd girl.

I didn't like Adam at all. How many times was this guy wrong? I don't understand the hate for Ken by the jury. He competed, he kept his alliance as long as he could. Adam won completely on the emotional vote in my opinion. I ended up fast forwarding for most of his water works scenes just because I couldn't take it.

I also get that his family wanted him there, but I gotta be honest I wouldn't have been on an island. I'd have been with my mom. Jeff said he had told Adam he could be on another season. The idea that I could have had another 40 days with my mom or 1 million dollars if I win... Dude I'd take that time with my mom every day, even if I was guaranteed to win.

Ken also knew Adam did not make the right choices and would be better to have in the final 3. But, Ken did not know he was going to have the sad story of his(Adam) mom to sway the whole jury, who(Jury) seemed to not remember the strategies of Survivor and not just the players home life.

While I enjoyed the season the finale was just crap. Ken votes out Dave yet some how Adam gets the credit for it. Um OK. Hannah played both sides to get to the end then some how Adam gets treated like he is some kind of Survivor genius. I really had no idea who would win during the last tribal but as soon as Adam told every one about his mom I looked at my wife (she wanted Ken or Hannah to win) and told her "It's over Adam just one this". Please don't take it wrong I am sad to hear about his mom but let's be honest everyone out there had a reason but I guess his was better :shrug:

I can say I'm excited for next season Tai, Ozzie and Crazy cop guy all back. HELL YES.

I've been out of pocket, so this is delayed. Sorry.

But I'll play devil's advocate here. While I didn't want Adam to win, I'm not going to blame him for him bringing his mom up. To be fair to Adam I don't think he used his mom strategically at all this season. He could have easily let it slip to many or all of his Survivor peers that his mom was dying. He didn't do that at the start of the show, and didn't even do that at the family visit. He kept all that separate. Yes, he spilled the beans to Jay, but that was during a unique one-on-one bonding moment, not that much different than what Zeke and Bret had when Bret came out to Zeke. This was Adam's own version of coming out on the island.

As to the finale, Adam never pushed it. It got brought up during Jay's talk, but again, I didn't find it strategic. I think Adam was truly an emotional wreck. Those weren't crocodile tears. If he used his mother as a strategy, it was about as minimal as could be. I got the impression he tried to make it a point not to do so.

If there's a fault with the final vote, it would lie with the jury, not Adam IMHO.

As to whether he should have been out there. I don't think it should be up to us to decide what he should or shouldn't do. Cancer doesn't play by our rules. **** cancer. But maybe he waited a season, his mom is still alive, then he goes and she dies while gone because she lived an extra few months because she doesn't stop certain treatments. It's just too much of an unknown. I can tell you that if I was in his mother's place (or father's in my case), then I'd want him to go. If my family was a die hard Survivor family, I want him out there ASAP. I want him to compete. I want to know with my dying breath that he got a chance. And hopefully the sooner he goes the sooner he gets back and I can see that fulfillment of a dream on his face, win or lose. Others may disagree. Maybe the 40 days with your mom is more important. I don't deny that logic either, one bit. But I don't think this was about the money when he went either. I think it was about a family bond more than anything and we can't (or at least shouldn't) judge what someone does in family moments. Whether that's skipping the Super Bowl for the birth of a child or playing the day after you bury a loved one or they die, etc. But all season he talked about doing this for him mom. As the season progressed, and he found idols that he dedicated, etc...it became clear to me that by doing this for him mom, he meant the experience, not for the money to save her.

Was pulling for Ken. He was strong in competitions and did a great job surviving from the bottom many times. He was just not the "cool guy" with the millenials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom