d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Survivor Bowl XIV
survivorbowl.oliviasheart.org -
Registration will continue until the Kickoff of Game 1 Thursday September 5 at 7:20PM CST.

use the same log-in as last year. if you forgot the password, use the forgot password feature!

Thanks to our Survivor Bowl Staff: jread2 and d3cyph3r

*Pick a winner (no point spread involved) of any NFL game during week 1. your username/password. If problems arise on the main website, you can place your pick w/n this very thread.
*If the team you selected wins their week 1 game, you continue to week 2. If your team of choice lost their week 1 battle, you have been pigskinned from SURVIVOR BOWL already and should be ashamed of yourself!
*A team may only be selected once during the season to win their game(exp. if you pick the Saints in week 1, you may not select the Saints again for the remainder of the SURVIVOR BOWL )
*You continue in the SURVIVOR BOWL until a loss (or tie) is suffered, then you're out of the pool. YES, TIES ARE LOSSES!
*Winning picks must be in before last game starts for that week or you will be pigskinned.
*Picks selected in the thread will supersede what is entered in the system. The official record for your pick will be in the thread if they system has an error, or some other mishap. Just notify jread2 or d3cyph3r by a PM to update it.
*Any pick not submitted by any of the deadlines set within the rules posted each week will be considered a loss and the contestant will be eliminated from SURVIVOR BOWL
*The game will continue until one contestant remains.
*If all remaining contestants are eliminated in the same week, the contest will consist of a tiebreaker. The highest point total from all picks combined will win!
*If the regular season ends with no outright winner, the winner of the main pool will be chosen by the total number of points scored by each team you chose to win in their chosen game.

SURVIVOR BOWL CHAMPIONS:
I DavidM
II CliffBurton
III Harvey Honet
IV Sloth
V Jlroby69
VI Pure Energy
VII 62 DEFENSE
VIII IrishSaint
IX Wahoo
X KebCam
XI SaintReggie
XII - Garvatron
XIII - Seve
XIV - Smith
XV - 62 Defense (first 2 time winner)
XVI - tonytiger436
XVII - send-them-all (legacy winner of 62 Defense family)
XVIII - jayd265
XIV - ?

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I made it through week one but it was CLOSE! I am in the middle of a 1600 mile drive and finally was able to tune in a sports radio station that gave updates on the games. Just as I was about to lose the station they announced that the Chargers won in OT.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like at least 26 people got eliminated today.
For a long time yesterday it looked like Seattle and Philadelphia might crash and burn. If that had happened, it would have taken out the vast majority of contestants in this year's game. There's always a lot of 'carnage' in Week 1, but that probably would have set a record. :eek:

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
I took the Ravens not to win, but figured Miami to LOSE... good call. The "pick against the dolphins" strategy looks legit going forward. But this week they play the Patriots. I think it would be a bad idea to pick NE this week, although it's a guaranteed win. The Pats are one of those teams you save for later in the year instead of wasting them on a bad college team.

Sort of off topic... I played against a guy in one of my fantasy leagues yesterday who had been doing 3 drafts at the same time when our league drafted. He got all tangled FORGOT to pick a QB for this team. Well, since it's a 14 team league, the pickin's were slim. So yesterday before the games started, he grabbed Lamar Jackson... SMDH

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I took the Ravens not to win, but figured Miami to LOSE... good call. The "pick against the dolphins" strategy looks legit going forward. But this week they play the Patriots. I think it would be a bad idea to pick NE this week, although it's a guaranteed win. The Pats are one of those teams you save for later in the year instead of wasting them on a bad college team.

Sort of off topic... I played against a guy in one of my fantasy leagues yesterday who had been doing 3 drafts at the same time when our league drafted. He got all tangled FORGOT to pick a QB for this team. Well, since it's a 14 team league, the pickin's were slim. So yesterday before the games started, he grabbed Lamar Jackson... SMDH
That was a smart play. So easy I was smelling fix. But I forgot, the league almost never fixes a game on the 1st week of the season. So I went with number 2 easy, Atlanta to get crushed in Minnesota.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I took the Ravens not to win, but figured Miami to LOSE... good call.
The Ravens were my first pick this week. But I always try to 'reserve' a team or two that I believe will be good to have when the pickin's get slim. So I pulled back to look for a team that I didn't have quite as much confidence in. And the Eagles almost took me out as a result. Thank goodness the Redskins are almost as pitiful as the Dolphins. I'm glad to be able to scratch Philly off my list.

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Ravens were my first pick this week. But I always try to 'reserve' a team or two that I believe will be good to have when the pickin's get slim. So I pulled back to look for a team that I didn't have quite as much confidence in. And the Eagles almost took me out as a result. Thank goodness the Redskins are almost as pitiful as the Dolphins. I'm glad to be able to scratch Philly off my list.
That's exactly what happened to me Bill. Dodged the bullet big time. Gonna stick with my gut from here on out

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
I probably wasted Kansas City yesterday but wanted to get past week 1. I have never got past week 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom