Survivorbowl XIV (2 Viewers)

Week 12 is open for picks.

1. cajunjoeyjoeysaint: NO / NE / DAL / LAC / PHI / BAL / BUF / MIN / SF / GB / OAK /
2. saints0: SEA / NE / DAL / LAC / PHI / BAL / SF / LAR / BUF / CHI / MIN /
3. Wvsaint: SEA / NE / DAL / LAC / PHI / BAL / BUF / NO / SF / GB / CLE /

Wvsaint I apologize for not realizing your pick was made on a Friday for a Thursday night game.

I also apologize that I had a typo in the database causing the issue.

Saints0 and cajunjoeysaint will need to decide if they want to allow you to stay or go. I’ll contact them today.

Points I could understand but go? That wasn’t my fault. It’s not like I planned to cheat or something it was a honest error that I did not do or cause and I had no control over it. Should be fair to me too.

to me i'd say leave out last week (We did that one week last year when the site malfunctioned)

not fair to WVSAINT that site was down (even though pick couldve been on time in this thread) and if i were cajunjoeyjoeysaint or saints0 i wouldnt wanna deny him from moving on.

just delete last weeks picks altogether and lets get a champ in week 12!

I picked Cleveland in this thread then I noticed it on the survivor bowl site. Then I realized Cleveland had played but it was done and locked and I couldn’t pick another team Sunday.

I picked Cleveland in this thread then I noticed it on the survivor bowl site. Then I realized Cleveland had played but it was done and locked and I couldn’t pick another team Sunday.
Which was it? Did you really intend to pick Cleveland (with a smiley face on Friday), change your pick after it was locked, or pick one of the 2 teams with the highest point spread (which Cleveland wasn't)? You're kind of all over the place here, so I hope you understand the questions.

No dan in Lafayette I was smiling because he fixed the site and I still didn’t know Cleveland had played. Nice try but that’s not how it happened the way you put it.
I get it I’m from Wv and the greenbrier so you would rather see me Be out after 11 weeks. Why not do what jayd265 said they did last year when the site messed up a re-do is it the greenbrier issue where I’m from. I’m starting to think so. Don’t want a winner from West Virginia. Never had one have we and I’ve been here for way over 20 years.

D3cyph3r fixed the site and entered Cleveland for me so he didn’t know the game was played either he apologized and did not do this on purpose the Cleveland pick was then locked and could not be changed. Everyone doesn’t have time to check all this football stuff everyday. The only person complaining is dan in Lafayette and you picked a losing team but I didn’t.

Saints0 thank you for liking my post yesterday and jayd265 post about leaving out week 11. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of survivorbowl. I don’t know if cajunjoeyjoeysaint is on here.

The only person complaining is dan in Lafayette and you picked a losing team but I didn’t.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
No dan in Lafayette I was smiling because he fixed the site and I still didn’t know Cleveland had played. Nice try but that’s not how it happened the way you put it.
I get it I’m from Wv and the greenbrier so you would rather see me Be out after 11 weeks. Why not do what jayd265 said they did last year when the site messed up a re-do is it the greenbrier issue where I’m from. I’m starting to think so. Don’t want a winner from West Virginia. Never had one have we and I’ve been here for way over 20 years.

You're really talking out your arse now. By the way your pick with the smiley was before the site was fixed and after the game was played. Are you familiar with the term crawfishing? SMH.

My 2nd favorite team is Cleveland:) it was my pick and the thank you was for fixing the site that Saturday . However it was Dan there wasn’t no foul I don’t understand why your so involved in this since your not one of the survivor bowl website people nor do you have a team left. Sorry if you think that I was trying to cheat on purpose to win a game on the internet with no prize.

My 2nd favorite team is Cleveland:) it was my pick and the thank you was for fixing the site that Saturday . However it was Dan there wasn’t no foul I don’t understand why your so involved in this since your not one of the survivor bowl website people nor do you have a team left. Sorry if you think that I was trying to cheat on purpose to win a game on the internet with no prize.

The issue is that you picked a winning team after the game had been played. The entire premise of the contest is to predict one winning team each week, before the game starts. Yes, there was a problem with the site that was fixed, but there were also other games coming up.

Others will have to decide if you get to continue, but surely you can see the problem here, right?

The issue is that you picked a winning team after the game had been played. The entire premise of the contest is to predict one winning team each week, before the game starts. Yes, there was a problem with the site that was fixed, but there were also other games coming up.

Others will have to decide if you get to continue, but surely you can see the problem here, right?
The integrity of this annual game can only be ensured if everyone abides by the same rules of the game. We all know that one of the biggest 'Pigskinners' every year is simply those who forgot to make a pick for a particular week. None of these people are given a pass to come back and say who the were going to select if they hadn't forgotten to do so.

There have also been some in the past who were forced to select from the remaining Sunday & Monday night contests because they had forgotten to make a pick before the earlier games started on Sunday. These folks were not granted a selection from the earlier games even if it was really one of their originally intended picks.

It's pretty well understood here among the contestants that occasionally the site will not be reset in time to make the weekly picks. The moderators of these game have lives too. But since all posts on the forum are time stamped, there is never any problem with a contestant simply making his pick in the game thread where the 'game moderators' can assure that all the contestants are making fair picks each week prior to when their pick starts their game.

No one has any issue with WVSAINT and I truly believe that he really intended to make his pick long before the game was played. But we are all sad when someone falls out of the contest due to a forgetful oversight. As mentioned, others have forgotten to post their picks in time and have had to deal with elimination as a result.

Unless there is something timed stamped on the forum stating his selection prior to the start of the game in question, then this is simply a case of elimination. But if there is an early post describing his selection anywhere on the forum, he should be allowed to remain in the contest. This is what's fair to everyone. Those are the rules. It seems rather simple on how this issue should proceed.

Yeah I see the problem and had the site been working it would not have happened. Had I knew the game was Thursday night I would not have picked Cleveland and had the person dc3yph3r who entered Cleveland into the system noticed that the game had been played this would not have happened either when he fixed the site. He apologized for the error of entering Cleveland for me but No one mentioned it at all to me before Sunday’s games either. Why didn’t they? Why should I be penalized. That pick was locked on my computer screen on survivor bowl I couldn’t change it. I had no access to change it.
So why not throw out that week 11 just like they did last year when the site messed up? We’ve seen saints0 being supportive of my situation but no word yet from cajunjoeyjoeysaint. So far the site has me in for this week as of now and it’s Friday.

So far it’s been days and I don’t see saints0 or cajunjoeyjoeysaint saying anything to eliminate me.
I wish them the best of luck and I apologize for what happened and I’m grateful if they will let me continue. I wanna see who the real best picker of teams is this year!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom