Suspension through the years (1 Viewer)

I suppose these are off the field episodes that resulted in suspensions.

Weird ....I didn't see any Bounty charges on there. But yet our coach was suspended for a year.

:littleclown:
Unfortunately, coaches don’t have a union like the players, so they have no leverage in appeals to the league - and at the time, Benson had little leverage in fighting the charges against Payton because small market teams are so reliant on the money brought in by the big markets.

So basically the league found the perfect situation to exploit with the CTE lawsuits coming down the line.

Sadly ruined a potential promising season and set us back 4 years in Brees’ prime.

The league stinks. 🤬

A lot of these are conducive to timing…..as in the temperature of the world at a given time, relative to the nature of offense. Which is odd bc Zeke got 6 games for one offense, in a time when the temperature of the world (in nature to D Watson’s situation) , was less than it is now. That’s why I was so maddened in the D Watson thread. It just doesn’t make sense. Regardless, if an arbitrator was the one calling the shots. Zeke was never convicted, had way less cases, and it happened long time ago. Sometimes, the needle should not stand still. Sets a bad precedent imho. What would have it have taken for Watson to get 12 games? 48 cases against him??? Why was there only 4 cases presented to the arbitrator?

A lot of these are conducive to timing…..as in the temperature of the world at a given time, relative to the nature of offense. Which is odd bc Zeke got 6 games for one offense, in a time when the temperature of the world (in nature to D Watson’s situation) , was less than it is now. That’s why I was so maddened in the D Watson thread. It just doesn’t make sense. Regardless, if an arbitrator was the one calling the shots. Zeke was never convicted, had way less cases, and it happened long time ago. Sometimes, the needle should not stand still. Sets a bad precedent imho. What would have it have taken for Watson to get 12 games? 48 cases against him??? Why was there only 4 cases presented to the arbitrator?
And the Kamara thing is a crap shoot. Surely one bar fight is not worse than having 20+ women claim assault. But the pendulum moves back and forth pretty quickly these days.

And the Kamara thing is a crap shoot. Surely one bar fight is not worse than having 20+ women claim assault. But the pendulum moves back and forth pretty quickly these days.
A criminal conviction or plea, or even just a release of the video would be "worse" than any number of accusations or civil settlements in suspension terms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom