Sustainiac pickup (1 Viewer)

Medicine Man

Nature's Beast
Reaction score
any of y'all got 1?. I'm considering purchasing a Schecter Damien platinum FRS. it is 150 dollars extra for the sustainiac pickup. the 1 that is cheaper has EMG active 8185 combo. any input would be greatly appreciated.

It's a guitar. OP is asking about the difference in the pickups i believe.

Friend of mine has played his entire life . He has a set on one of his newer purchases. He claim it was a good purchase. Me i just like what he plays.

I like older pickups. The new f150 is too boxy looking. The gm's just look weird to me. I'd get an old restored c10 or something. Hope this helps......

I havent used one, but try the gear page forums. tens of thousands of users...someone has probably used one.

I haven't tried one. It depends on what you want, I guess. I love sustain but I find I can get plenty of it in different ways - using a compressor (Pigtronix makes some that seem to sustain for days), using a Boss sustainer pedal (I've tried one and it's cool but it's kind of a pain to have to kick the pedal in whenever you want to sustain a note). Hollow body and semi-hollow body guitars tend to get that controlled feedback much more easily too (that's my trick actually - I use a hollow body on stage and i don't have to be loud for the thing to just go forever).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom