SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (1 Viewer)

He's not interested in saving money. I doubt he would benefit from pleading guilty, so his attorney advised him to plea not guilty, and they will figure out the why part later.

Yea, he's going to be found guilty.

I mean, the McMicheals pleaded not guilty so, some things just don't make sense...

He's not interested in saving money. I doubt he would benefit from pleading guilty, so his attorney advised him to plea not guilty, and they will figure out the why part later.

Yea, he's going to be found guilty.

Yeah, you just don't plead guilty unless there is a deal for lesser charges on the table. His attorney will probably try to work a deal where he pleads to lesser charges, but if he can't do that, you might as well go to trial and take a shot. Sometimes the DA over charges for crimes they can't prove so you try to either plead to the lesser included crimes they can prove or hope that the jury only convicts on lesser included offenses.

Yeah, you just don't plead guilty unless there is a deal for lesser charges on the table. His attorney will probably try to work a deal where he pleads to lesser charges, but if he can't do that, you might as well go to trial and take a shot. Sometimes the DA over charges for crimes they can't prove so you try to either plead to the lesser included crimes they can prove or hope that the jury only convicts on lesser included offenses.
Exactly - the ultimate "guilty" plea needs to be withheld as a bargaining chip. I'm assuming the "not guilty" plea was during the arraignment, which is a pretty perfunctory procedure in a criminal proceeding. I learned that from watching My Cousin Vinny.

Exactly - the ultimate "guilty" plea needs to be withheld as a bargaining chip. I'm assuming the "not guilty" plea was during the arraignment, which is a pretty perfunctory procedure in a criminal proceeding. I learned that from watching My Cousin Vinny.
Excellent reference material.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom