SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (2 Viewers)

Tim Pool is great
Not interested in arguing over podcast preferences, but just felt obligated to point out that this opinion is not unanimous.

Some people (myself included) think Tim Poole is a birch.

Not interested in arguing over podcast preferences, but just felt obligated to point out that this opinion is not unanimous.

Some people (myself included) think Tim Poole is a birch.
Never heard of him myself. But then, I don't really do podcasts.

Ok, but how much did American media do that before Murdoch/Ailes came on the scene?

And tbc, I haven’t had a favorite tv news channel in decades
pretty much just NPR - and even npr’s toothless reporting has been disappointing last few years

IMHO it was the 24 hour news cycle that created this monster not Fox News. Blame Ted Turner if you want to pin it on one individual. 24 hours of programming requires a lot of filler content.

Fox News is a symptom, not the cause.

IMHO it was the 24 hour news cycle that created this monster not Fox News. Blame Ted Turner if you want to pin it on one individual. 24 hours of programming requires a lot of filler content.

Fox News is a symptom, not the cause.
I’d say it’s more a form/content issue
Turner certainly created the form that enabled infotainment
But the toxicity of content?, that falls in Murdoch’s lap

I’d say it’s more a form/content issue
Turner certainly created the form that enabled infotainment
But the toxicity of content?, that falls in Murdoch’s lap

Eh. They were (are) highly successful but 'Crossfire' (the original Us vs Them screamfest) had been on CNN in its various iterations for almost 15 years before Fox News even launched. Hardball came on less than a year after Fox News started.

he is a pretty successful grifter
He does ride the fence a lot. But he brings up a lot of things others won’t. Isn’t most private media like him grifters though ? I do like listening to The Hill a lot also. They’re more liberal which is fine but they bring up a lot of things others won’t.

Tim Pool is great
Not really in the historical or sports categories.

I think he can be a little annoying but I like listening to him. I certainly don’t see how he’s a grifter. He’s been on the ground reporting on protests throughout the world. And he’s independent (afaik), which I like. Maybe I don’t know what a grifter is :shrug:

Eh. They were (are) highly successful but 'Crossfire' (the original Us vs Them screamfest) had been on CNN in its various iterations for almost 15 years before Fox News even launched. Hardball came on less than a year after Fox News started.
fwiw
I don’t think this is a tick in either column
but yeesh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom