SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (3 Viewers)

saintmdterps

If you feel like a riot, then don't you deny it
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I feel that loathing to some degree just being a human and sharing that trait with them. But no, I don't expect the average person to be capable of reconciling the two: being that which you despise.

Internet 101: I'm not talking about allllllllll men. We know that by now.
We are often angry with those who we see as possessing traits that we dislike within ourselves. So when we become that which we despise, we act out against others we often wrongly see as having that which makes us hate ourselves.

At the end of the day, those with no regard for themselves have no regard for others.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel that loathing to some degree just being a human and sharing that trait with them. But no, I don't expect the average person to be capable of reconciling the two: being that which you despise.

I say this with all due respect to you.

Sure, I guess I'm being a bit picky, but language is a funny thing. Some men are d-bags. Probably even moreso than women. But we're all flawed to some degree. Nothing will fix that.

I'm not into self-loathing though. I get why people might think like that, but it doesn't work for me. And because someone is male doing idiotic, despicable things doesn't reflect on me, and vice versa if I were female, or whatever.

kizzy821

Would'f, Could'f, Should'f
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are often angry with those who we see as possessing traits that we dislike within ourselves. So when we become that which we despise, we act out against others we often wrongly see as having that which makes us hate ourselves.
I'm sure there's some truth to that. But I just want men to stop terrorizing society. Just for, like, a week. No carjackings. No kidnappings. No bombings. No domestic violence. No molesting. No murders. No road rage shootings. No armed robberies. No hostages (no torture of hostages if they're already captured...)

kizzy821

Would'f, Could'f, Should'f
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I say this with all due respect to you.

Sure, I guess I'm being a bit picky, but language is a funny thing. Some men are d-bags. Probably even moreso than women. But we're all flawed to some degree. Nothing will fix that.

I'm not into self-loathing though. I get why people might think like that, but it doesn't work for me. And because someone is male doing idiotic, despicable things doesn't reflect on me, and vice versa if I were female, or whatever.
I get that. But when you read the heinous stories on here and elsewhere, don't you ever wonder why it's mostly men? Wouldn't you be surprised if a woman serial killer was the leading story on the news tonight.

I try to come up with explanations so that I can put these types of stories to rest in my head. I try to come up with reasons. Try to make it make sense.

I had a purchase delivered to a store. I got the notification after dark last night. But I didn't go pick it up. I think of all the things I'd do after dark if it wasn't for men and what they might do.

I have to make sure all my car doors don't unlock at the same time when I get in. I'm trying to figure out which doorbell cam to get. I have pepper spray in my car. I paid my quarterly alarm invoice last week.

And it's not because I fear some woman trying to harm me.

Sure, there are women criminals. But nowhere close to the amount of men. A fraction.

I apologize for the tangent but sometimes I just can't deal with it. I just can't.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get that. But when you read the heinous stories on here and elsewhere, don't you ever wonder why it's mostly men? Wouldn't you be surprised if a woman serial killer was the leading story on the news tonight.

I try to come up with explanations so that I can put these types of stories to rest in my head. I try to come up with reasons. Try to make it make sense.

I had a purchase delivered to a store. I got the notification after dark last night. But I didn't go pick it up. I think of all the things I'd do after dark if it wasn't for men and what they might do.

I have to make sure all my car doors don't unlock at the same time when I get in. I'm trying to figure out which doorbell cam to get. I have pepper spray in my car. I paid my quarterly alarm invoice last week.

And it's not because I fear some woman trying to harm me.

Sure, there are women criminals. But nowhere close to the amount of men. A fraction.

I apologize for the tangent but sometimes I just can't deal with it. I just can't.
I hear you, and for what it's worth, my wife has a lot of those feelings you expressed. We have Ring cameras installed on our property because she has that feeling of being vulnerable at times. It doesn't remove it entirely, but it does help lower her anxiety levels to some degree.

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score

Most men aren't violent, but violent acts are almost always men, do doubt about that.

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
still waiting on ESPN to fact check Jalen Rose on his misleading info. Their response was "no comment"
I guess all sides have their racial instigators

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
@WhoDatPhan78

It looks like you are doing exactly what you are railing about others doing...making a snap decision without bothering to wait for evidence.

I agree with you that it is a major problem in this country so how about you try not adding to it

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It appears he was out on bail recently as well.

Brooks was out on $1,000 cash bail at the time of Sunday’s tragedy after he allegedly punched the mother of his child and purposefully ran her “over with his vehicle” in a Milwaukee gas station parking lot on Nov. 2, according to court documents.

He was arrested and charged that same day with resisting or obstructing an officer, reckless endangering safety, disorderly conduct, bail jumping and battery.

Why only $1000 bail???

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It appears he was out on bail recently as well.

Why only $1000 bail???

From what I read he requested a speedy trial but Wisconson is so backed up in the court system they couldn't give him one. By state law if you request a speedy trial and they can't provide it there are limits on what bail can be set to.

One of our legal guys may be able to explain that better than I can.

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
From what I read he requested a speedy trial but Wisconson is so backed up in the court system they couldn't give him one. By state law if you request a speedy trial and they can't provide it there are limits on what bail can be set to.

One of our legal guys may be able to explain that better than I can.
I can understand that, but it seems he is no stranger in using his vehicle to run over people as he did with his child's mother. How do you let anyone get bail on what is basically attempted murder?

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
@WhoDatPhan78

It looks like you are doing exactly what you are railing about others doing...making a snap decision without bothering to wait for evidence.

I agree with you that it is a major problem in this country so how about you try not adding to it

I’m going to drop it for now (at least after this), because my point isn’t being heard and I can’t really explain it without getting political.

If you can find my previous posts here you’ll see I’m 100% in support of BLM. I’ve been to multiple protests.

My problem here is that the media’s slowness to judgement is going to make it’s really hard to argue to my family (who aren’t pro BLM to say the least), that the mainstream media isn’t biased against white people.

Maybe everything I’ve seen is fake news, but there is way more than that Andy NGO tweet that paints this guy in a way that would have been more than enough for the media to be talking about domestic terrorism if the races were reversed.

Last edited:

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can understand that, but it seems he is no stranger in using his vehicle to run over people as he did with his child's mother. How do you let anyone get bail on what is basically attempted murder?

I believe it was her house he was fleeing from at the time of this incident as well. We are seeing a lot of stuff that probably wouldn't have happened if people were properly locked up lately.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
I’m going to drop it for now (at least after this), because my point isn’t being heard and I can’t really explain it without getting political.

If you can find my previous posts here you’ll see I’m 100% in support of BLM. I’ve been to multiple protests.

My problem here is that the media’s slowness to judgement is going to make it’s really hard to argue to my family (who aren’t pro BLM to say the least), that the mainstream media isn’t biased against white people.

Maybe everything I’ve seen is fake news, but there is way more than that Andy NGO tweet that paints this guys in a way that would have been more than enough for the media to be talking about domestic terrorism if the races were reversed.
Are you referring to the guy's social media posts? Because from what I've read it still isn't giving your point any more validity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom