SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That speaks volumes as to how healing that is. I always think about this as this is the first thing you have to think about and you HAVE to deal with it before the reality even sinks in. How do you do that?

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
That speaks volumes as to how healing that is. I always think about this as this is the first thing you have to think about and you HAVE to deal with it before the reality even sinks in. How do you do that?
It’s hard enough for your parent but I couldn’t imagine having to do this for your child. J. J. Helped the healing process by removing a stressful situation.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Good on JJ for stepping up. This is hardly an outlier for him as after Hurricane Harvey he and his team really raised an amazing amount of money for the people of Houston (which was oddly crapped on by people who felt they should be getting noticed as well).

I can’t imagine the folks who once attended that parade will view this any differently than Boston Marathon participants after the bombing there. Things have taken on a tragic shade, all because some cowards couldn’t keep their heads about them.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That’s a good point I hadn’t even considered (and luckily haven’t had to deal with)
In the Gabby thread there was talk about ‘closure’ for the families- and I asked if such a thing was possible
But it did get me to thinking about those cultures with ritualized mourning - that’s probably a helpful things in tragic times

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That’s a good point I hadn’t even considered (and luckily haven’t had to deal with)
In the Gabby thread there was talk about ‘closure’ for the families- and I asked if such a thing was possible
But it did get me to thinking about those cultures with ritualized mourning - that’s probably a helpful things in tragic times
Well, for the record, set me on fire and call it a day. Nobody be needing no closure from me. They can never be made whole again, but at least whatever decisions they need to make won't be based on not having the means.

Reaction score
Another view point is that this was act of the devil, since the person involved (according to the report), ran over people involved in a Christ-mass parade.

Do people really hate Christians this much? Where is the ACLU, have they made any statements?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Another view point is that this was act of the devil, since the person involved (according to the report), ran over people involved in a Christ-mass parade.

Do people really hate Christians this much? Where is the ACLU, have they made any statements?
Please tell me this is satire- I honestly can’t tell

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

If you mean the American Communist Liberty Union and religion is involved you won't.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yea I am. If we’ve seen the same ones, then we just assess them differently. I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t say it’s enough, because it would be enough in the reverse. Of course, a few confederate flag posts and a few anti BLM memes would be enough for me (and the media I watch) to declare it a terrorist attack if the races were reversed.

I don’t want to derail the discussion again, so I’m not going to argue with people about over quasi political issues. I just didn’t want to ignore your question.

I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.
So why did he swerve to miss go around people at first?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he swerve around some people before running into people?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So why did he swerve to miss go around people at first?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he swerve around some people before running into people?
I don't know if it was path of least resistance or what. But, I can't pretend to know what's going on in that bat shirt crazy dude's head.

I think there was intent there, but at the same time, I don't really understand the swerving he did either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom