SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (1 Viewer)

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if it was path of least resistance or what. But, I can't pretend to know what's going on in that bat shirt crazy dude's head.

I think there was intent there, but at the same time, I don't really understand the swerving he did either.

I haven’t seen any information on it beyond the first day, but I did watch the video. To me it looked like he was trying to swerve around folks but once he hit someone he just plowed through.

Once again, that’s just eyes on the video, no media, podcasts, social media, etc. so there may be information out there I simply don’t know.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.
Like this?

Or like this

Or

Or this1E689D95-D1D8-4293-8ADF-3E43E7D1D1AA.jpeg

Last edited:

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.
Yes sir…this type of reporting like CNN on this terrorist act is just disgusting. All it does it sow hate in people. If you’re a bad person, you’re a bad person. The video from them I watched they refused to even say his name, show a picture or anything. They acted like the SUV was KITT gone crazy…like there was no driver. Their type of reporting causes stuff like this. He deserves the worst…he also was a sexual predator and his videos he put out were full of hate.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any information on it beyond the first day, but I did watch the video. To me it looked like he was trying to swerve around folks but once he hit someone he just plowed through.

Once again, that’s just eyes on the video, no media, podcasts, social media, etc. so there may be information out there I simply don’t know.
That's pretty much what I saw as well.
Now unlike some in here, I am not fortunate enough as to be able to read minds and am left to resort to analyzing facts and using logic and reason (which is not perfect no matter how objective I attempt to be). If someone is an ideological zealot whose focus is to charge into a parade with my SUV and kill people then swerving around people makes no sense

Of course there is always the "you can't explain crazy" but that's the exception IMO

Now before someone tries to twist or misrepresent what I am saying, I still want the man prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Capital punishment should be on the table (assuming there is a guilty verdict)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes sir…this type of reporting like CNN on this terrorist act is just disgusting. All it does it sow hate in people. If you’re a bad person, you’re a bad person. The video from them I watched they refused to even say his name, show a picture or anything. They acted like the SUV was KITT gone crazy…like there was no driver. Their type of reporting causes stuff like this. He deserves the worst…he also was a sexual predator and his videos he put out were full of hate.
Did you just say CNN caused this tragedy?

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Good on JJ for stepping up. This is hardly an outlier for him as after Hurricane Harvey he and his team really raised an amazing amount of money for the people of Houston (which was oddly crapped on by people who felt they should be getting noticed as well).

I can’t imagine the folks who once attended that parade will view this any differently than Boston Marathon participants after the bombing there. Things have taken on a tragic shade, all because some cowards couldn’t keep their heads about them.
I just Wikipedia him he was born there

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
I haven’t watched CNN’s reporting on this, but based on what you posted, it sure sounds like they’re making a measured choice to report factual information as it becomes available in a calm and clear manner, and you really just want them to rant and rave about information that may or may not be relevant.

Also, to say that CNN causes stuff like this by not giving killers notoriety is not only crazy, it’s also pretty disgusting.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you just say CNN caused this tragedy?
Yeah, for all their faults, saying CNN, or any other news outlet is causing this sort of violence is just baseless. I doubt a news report was scrolling through anyone's mind when shooting or running over people.

I'm not a fan of MSM, but blaming them for the violence in our society is short-sighted and misguided imo.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
Yeah, for all their faults, saying CNN, or any other news outlet is causing this sort of violence is just baseless. I doubt a news report was scrolling through anyone's mind when shooting or running over people.

I'm not a fan of MSM, but blaming them for the violence in our society is short-sighted and misguided imo.
Well, I actually do think we could argue that channels like FOX and OAN had a hand in January 6th. But I can’t see the line from CNN to this guy driving a car into a parade.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I actually do think we could argue that channels like FOX and OAN had a hand in January 6th. But I can’t see the line from CNN to this guy driving a car into a parade.

I haven't watched enough FNC to tell whether that was the case. I don't think there was a direct line there. I do think they probably contributed to the environment and sentiment that led to it, but I don't think they ever thought something like that would actually happen.

I've never watched OAN, but considering what I've read about them, I cant say it's surprising if they did feed into all of that.

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Blaming the car for an attack like this is like blaming a gun for a mass shooting. It’s pretty clear that a deranged person caused the problem, or else SUV manufacturers are going to have a massive recall to correct the “plow into crowds of people” feature on their vehicles.

Understanding this guys past (as cracked and colored as any mosaic art I’ve ever seen), it’s pretty clear, this dudes elevator didn’t reach the top floor.

Last edited:

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
Blaming the car for an attack like this is like blaming a gun for shootings. It’s pretty clear that a deranged person caused the problem, or else SUV manufacturers are going to have a massive recall to correct the “plow into crowds of people” feature on their vehicles.
Who do you think is doing this?

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who do you think is doing this?
Clowns :funny1:

I think everything has a reason, and sometimes the reason is people need to make a buck, so like boiling a frog, over time you raise the temperature of the water, and then (as Jeff Goldblume once said) life finds a way.

Who do you think is doing this? Why are they doing this?

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I get that people don't like the media, but I'm really baffled by this line of criticism.

I'm not seeing any difference in the reporting as I've ever seen when people are hit by a car. Even when discussing it we say "such and such was hit by a car". That's not blaming the car, that's just stating a fact of how the injury or death occurred.

I'm not watching much reporting. I've never been into podcasts and social media as an information source (I believe that's why we are in the waning days of America). I've largely unplugged from media because I think the nation is headed for really awful times and I'm trying to focus on joy and my family while I can. I've become a hermit, so other than here I don't really talk to anyone. However, the complaints I'm seeing here are pretty baffling to me. What little I've seen and heard it seems the media is covering this story appropriately.

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I get that people don't like the media, but I'm really baffled by this line of criticism.

I'm not seeing any difference in the reporting as I've ever seen when people are hit by a car. Even when discussing it we say "such and such was hit by a car". That's not blaming the car, that's just stating a fact of how the injury or death occurred.

I'm not watching much reporting. I've never been into podcasts and social media as an information source (I believe that's why we are in the waning days of America). I've largely unplugged from media because I think the nation is headed for really awful times and I'm trying to focus on joy and my family while I can. I've become a hermit, so other than here I don't really talk to anyone. However, the complaints I'm seeing here are pretty baffling to me. What little I've seen and heard it seems the media is covering this story appropriately.
Why are we blaming the poor car? When someone uses a gun to shoot up a work place or a concert, we usually blame the person. What makes ramming a car into a pile of people different? This wasn’t some fender bender, or a person hitting a cyclist or random Jay Walker.

Also, why should we stop at blaming the media when the media is feeding off of politics. The media and politicians (and their handlers) go hand and glove in this awful blame game.

We can blame the media all we want, and with our spending dollars we can shrink their influence, the same can be recommended regarding politicians I suppose.

Either way, like you said, this country is headed in a wild direction.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom