SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (4 Viewers)

Terrorism, by definition, is executed in the name of a political cause. So motive and the "whole story" are absolutely necessary in order to use that language. That doesn't lessen the severity of what happened.

Agree, either way he's responsible for the deaths of several, and injury and trauma to many more.

I've seen social media posts of his that are enough for me to decide what to think about it.

I am not going to link them because they are from biased websites, but i don't doubt the authenticity of the social media posts. The reputable media sources are slow to report on possible motive when the attacker looks a certain way. I say this as a flaming a liberal as you will ever meet.

He didn't explicitly say that he was going to mow down white people, but like i said, it's enough for me.

It's certainly plausible that he was motivated by the Rittenhouse verdict, he had made vaguely threatening comments in the past and had expressed disappointment in the verdict. However, he was also a criminal before, and as SBTB said he could have been fleeing someone.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Regardless of motive though, it was a horrific tragedy.

Agree, either way he's responsible for the deaths of several, and injury and trauma to many more.

It's certainly plausible that he was motivated by the Rittenhouse verdict, he had made vaguely threatening comments in the past and had expressed disappointment in the verdict. However, he was also a criminal before, and as SBTB said he could have been fleeing someone.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Regardless of motive though, it was a horrific tragedy.

Yea i think he may have been fleeing.

That doesn't mean he didn't intentionally run over the people in the parade because they were white.

There was too much opportunity for him to do something other than accelerate though the humans.

I think we are all free to decide when there is enough info to make our own conclusions.
Maybe, but let's be clear that they're your own conclusions based on unsubstantiated reports and sources.

Fwiw, you may ultimately be right, but I think the better approach is to wait until we know more facts about how it got to that point.

Maybe, but let's be clear that they're your own conclusions based on unsubstantiated reports and sources.

Fwiw, you may ultimately be right, but I think the better approach is to wait until we know more facts about how it got to that point.
I don't think it makes any difference what we say on a message board.

You are setting an example whether you want to believe it or not. At least that's what I've come to accept as I try to become more adult about my posting.

The irony to me is that going off half cocked making poorly informed decisions is why so many think Rittenhouse belongs in jail.

It's less stressful for me since I decided to stop making decisions based on social media and snap decisions.

You are setting an example whether you want to believe it or not. At least that's what I've come to accept as I try to become more adult about my posting.

The irony to me is that going off half cocked making poorly informed decisions is why so many think Rittenhouse belongs in jail.

It's less stressful for me since I decided to stop making decisions based on social media and snap decisions.
Yea, i am actually trying to set an example.

The reason that so many white people feel so comfortable playing the victim card is because "responsible" people always wait for more information when the victims are white, but when it's the other way around, people rush to judgement and wait for more info after.

This dude would not have ran over anyone if it had been a parade in a black community. It's a joke to say we need more info.

This strikes me as an incredibly naïve statement. Considering governments pour a tremendous amount of resources waging war for "hearts and minds" on social media, they obviously believe people can be influenced on social media and message boards.

What we say and discuss here can make a difference and does matter.

I get it, but you've literally made up your mind based on social media, and a message board is a form of social media. It really does have an impact, more even than the media in our current environment. You're certainly entitled to draw whatever conclusions you want, but I don't think we should minimize the impact of expressing those opinions. As my signature used to say, we can no longer blame the media in a time when we are the media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom