SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (2 Viewers)

Mixed with forces outside the country as well
Which is why people call for media literacy- even if we could strengthen the FCC and make newscorps accountable for misinformation (which we definitely should), it would have little effect on the foreign based misinformation factories
Who are we going to get to be the arbiter of this misinformation, though? "Fact checking" has become anything but. But surely we can all agree about this chum bucket scum, no? Not sure why this situation needed to become political or racial.

Ha!
Omg - I was answering my wife’s text about where I put the frozen chicken
Sola is one of our cats
Her perch is on the counter where she shouldn’t be but my wife only knows how to raise naughty cats
Next time you post something that is cryptic to me -- and it will happen -- I'll just use this explanation.

Sola’s perch
Ha!
Omg - I was answering my wife’s text about where I put the frozen chicken
Sola is one of our cats
Her perch is on the counter where she shouldn’t be but my wife only knows how to raise naughty cats
Next time you post something that is cryptic to me -- and it will happen -- I'll just use this explanation.
I propose that from now on Occam's Razor be known as Sola's Perch

Can I get this seconded?

You should know better than to put chicken anywhere a cat can access it.

That speaks volumes as to how healing that is. I always think about this as this is the first thing you have to think about and you HAVE to deal with it before the reality even sinks in. How do you do that?

That speaks volumes as to how healing that is. I always think about this as this is the first thing you have to think about and you HAVE to deal with it before the reality even sinks in. How do you do that?
It’s hard enough for your parent but I couldn’t imagine having to do this for your child. J. J. Helped the healing process by removing a stressful situation.

Good on JJ for stepping up. This is hardly an outlier for him as after Hurricane Harvey he and his team really raised an amazing amount of money for the people of Houston (which was oddly crapped on by people who felt they should be getting noticed as well).

I can’t imagine the folks who once attended that parade will view this any differently than Boston Marathon participants after the bombing there. Things have taken on a tragic shade, all because some cowards couldn’t keep their heads about them.

That’s a good point I hadn’t even considered (and luckily haven’t had to deal with)
In the Gabby thread there was talk about ‘closure’ for the families- and I asked if such a thing was possible
But it did get me to thinking about those cultures with ritualized mourning - that’s probably a helpful things in tragic times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom