SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (3 Viewers)

That’s a good point I hadn’t even considered (and luckily haven’t had to deal with)
In the Gabby thread there was talk about ‘closure’ for the families- and I asked if such a thing was possible
But it did get me to thinking about those cultures with ritualized mourning - that’s probably a helpful things in tragic times
Well, for the record, set me on fire and call it a day. Nobody be needing no closure from me. They can never be made whole again, but at least whatever decisions they need to make won't be based on not having the means.

Another view point is that this was act of the devil, since the person involved (according to the report), ran over people involved in a Christ-mass parade.

Do people really hate Christians this much? Where is the ACLU, have they made any statements?

Another view point is that this was act of the devil, since the person involved (according to the report), ran over people involved in a Christ-mass parade.

Do people really hate Christians this much? Where is the ACLU, have they made any statements?
Please tell me this is satire- I honestly can’t tell

If you mean the American Communist Liberty Union and religion is involved you won't.

Yea I am. If we’ve seen the same ones, then we just assess them differently. I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t say it’s enough, because it would be enough in the reverse. Of course, a few confederate flag posts and a few anti BLM memes would be enough for me (and the media I watch) to declare it a terrorist attack if the races were reversed.

I don’t want to derail the discussion again, so I’m not going to argue with people about over quasi political issues. I just didn’t want to ignore your question.

I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.

I've seen enough now to know the media is being pretty damned sketchy by not calling this what it is. I mean, it's not an 'incident' CNN. Even the US Conference for Catholic Bishops called it an 'accident' on twitter. What the hell. It's pretty clearly an intentional mass murder and isn't "caused by an SUV". It's really disgusting that every single event is used as an opportunity for narrative building.

I'm not for being too quick to label and categorize which is why I advocated for pressing the brakes a few days ago. But there's no excuse now. Even if you don't want to call it terrorism, enough with the double speak.
So why did he swerve to miss go around people at first?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he swerve around some people before running into people?

So why did he swerve to miss go around people at first?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he swerve around some people before running into people?
I don't know if it was path of least resistance or what. But, I can't pretend to know what's going on in that bat shirt crazy dude's head.

I think there was intent there, but at the same time, I don't really understand the swerving he did either.

I don't know if it was path of least resistance or what. But, I can't pretend to know what's going on in that bat shirt crazy dude's head.

I think there was intent there, but at the same time, I don't really understand the swerving he did either.

I haven’t seen any information on it beyond the first day, but I did watch the video. To me it looked like he was trying to swerve around folks but once he hit someone he just plowed through.

Once again, that’s just eyes on the video, no media, podcasts, social media, etc. so there may be information out there I simply don’t know.

Like this?

Or like this

Or

Or this1E689D95-D1D8-4293-8ADF-3E43E7D1D1AA.jpeg

Last edited:

Yes sir…this type of reporting like CNN on this terrorist act is just disgusting. All it does it sow hate in people. If you’re a bad person, you’re a bad person. The video from them I watched they refused to even say his name, show a picture or anything. They acted like the SUV was KITT gone crazy…like there was no driver. Their type of reporting causes stuff like this. He deserves the worst…he also was a sexual predator and his videos he put out were full of hate.

I haven’t seen any information on it beyond the first day, but I did watch the video. To me it looked like he was trying to swerve around folks but once he hit someone he just plowed through.

Once again, that’s just eyes on the video, no media, podcasts, social media, etc. so there may be information out there I simply don’t know.
That's pretty much what I saw as well.
Now unlike some in here, I am not fortunate enough as to be able to read minds and am left to resort to analyzing facts and using logic and reason (which is not perfect no matter how objective I attempt to be). If someone is an ideological zealot whose focus is to charge into a parade with my SUV and kill people then swerving around people makes no sense

Of course there is always the "you can't explain crazy" but that's the exception IMO

Now before someone tries to twist or misrepresent what I am saying, I still want the man prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Capital punishment should be on the table (assuming there is a guilty verdict)

Yes sir…this type of reporting like CNN on this terrorist act is just disgusting. All it does it sow hate in people. If you’re a bad person, you’re a bad person. The video from them I watched they refused to even say his name, show a picture or anything. They acted like the SUV was KITT gone crazy…like there was no driver. Their type of reporting causes stuff like this. He deserves the worst…he also was a sexual predator and his videos he put out were full of hate.
Did you just say CNN caused this tragedy?

Good on JJ for stepping up. This is hardly an outlier for him as after Hurricane Harvey he and his team really raised an amazing amount of money for the people of Houston (which was oddly crapped on by people who felt they should be getting noticed as well).

I can’t imagine the folks who once attended that parade will view this any differently than Boston Marathon participants after the bombing there. Things have taken on a tragic shade, all because some cowards couldn’t keep their heads about them.
I just Wikipedia him he was born there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom