SUV runs through crowd at Christmas parade in Waukesha WI... (1 Viewer)

Yes sir…this type of reporting like CNN on this terrorist act is just disgusting. All it does it sow hate in people. If you’re a bad person, you’re a bad person. The video from them I watched they refused to even say his name, show a picture or anything. They acted like the SUV was KITT gone crazy…like there was no driver. Their type of reporting causes stuff like this. He deserves the worst…he also was a sexual predator and his videos he put out were full of hate.
I haven’t watched CNN’s reporting on this, but based on what you posted, it sure sounds like they’re making a measured choice to report factual information as it becomes available in a calm and clear manner, and you really just want them to rant and rave about information that may or may not be relevant.

Also, to say that CNN causes stuff like this by not giving killers notoriety is not only crazy, it’s also pretty disgusting.

Did you just say CNN caused this tragedy?
Yeah, for all their faults, saying CNN, or any other news outlet is causing this sort of violence is just baseless. I doubt a news report was scrolling through anyone's mind when shooting or running over people.

I'm not a fan of MSM, but blaming them for the violence in our society is short-sighted and misguided imo.

Yeah, for all their faults, saying CNN, or any other news outlet is causing this sort of violence is just baseless. I doubt a news report was scrolling through anyone's mind when shooting or running over people.

I'm not a fan of MSM, but blaming them for the violence in our society is short-sighted and misguided imo.
Well, I actually do think we could argue that channels like FOX and OAN had a hand in January 6th. But I can’t see the line from CNN to this guy driving a car into a parade.

Well, I actually do think we could argue that channels like FOX and OAN had a hand in January 6th. But I can’t see the line from CNN to this guy driving a car into a parade.

I haven't watched enough FNC to tell whether that was the case. I don't think there was a direct line there. I do think they probably contributed to the environment and sentiment that led to it, but I don't think they ever thought something like that would actually happen.

I've never watched OAN, but considering what I've read about them, I cant say it's surprising if they did feed into all of that.

Blaming the car for an attack like this is like blaming a gun for a mass shooting. It’s pretty clear that a deranged person caused the problem, or else SUV manufacturers are going to have a massive recall to correct the “plow into crowds of people” feature on their vehicles.

Understanding this guys past (as cracked and colored as any mosaic art I’ve ever seen), it’s pretty clear, this dudes elevator didn’t reach the top floor.

Last edited:
Blaming the car for an attack like this is like blaming a gun for shootings. It’s pretty clear that a deranged person caused the problem, or else SUV manufacturers are going to have a massive recall to correct the “plow into crowds of people” feature on their vehicles.
Who do you think is doing this?

Who do you think is doing this?
Clowns :funny1:

I think everything has a reason, and sometimes the reason is people need to make a buck, so like boiling a frog, over time you raise the temperature of the water, and then (as Jeff Goldblume once said) life finds a way.

Who do you think is doing this? Why are they doing this?

I get that people don't like the media, but I'm really baffled by this line of criticism.

I'm not seeing any difference in the reporting as I've ever seen when people are hit by a car. Even when discussing it we say "such and such was hit by a car". That's not blaming the car, that's just stating a fact of how the injury or death occurred.

I'm not watching much reporting. I've never been into podcasts and social media as an information source (I believe that's why we are in the waning days of America). I've largely unplugged from media because I think the nation is headed for really awful times and I'm trying to focus on joy and my family while I can. I've become a hermit, so other than here I don't really talk to anyone. However, the complaints I'm seeing here are pretty baffling to me. What little I've seen and heard it seems the media is covering this story appropriately.

I get that people don't like the media, but I'm really baffled by this line of criticism.

I'm not seeing any difference in the reporting as I've ever seen when people are hit by a car. Even when discussing it we say "such and such was hit by a car". That's not blaming the car, that's just stating a fact of how the injury or death occurred.

I'm not watching much reporting. I've never been into podcasts and social media as an information source (I believe that's why we are in the waning days of America). I've largely unplugged from media because I think the nation is headed for really awful times and I'm trying to focus on joy and my family while I can. I've become a hermit, so other than here I don't really talk to anyone. However, the complaints I'm seeing here are pretty baffling to me. What little I've seen and heard it seems the media is covering this story appropriately.
Why are we blaming the poor car? When someone uses a gun to shoot up a work place or a concert, we usually blame the person. What makes ramming a car into a pile of people different? This wasn’t some fender bender, or a person hitting a cyclist or random Jay Walker.

Also, why should we stop at blaming the media when the media is feeding off of politics. The media and politicians (and their handlers) go hand and glove in this awful blame game.

We can blame the media all we want, and with our spending dollars we can shrink their influence, the same can be recommended regarding politicians I suppose.

Either way, like you said, this country is headed in a wild direction.

Last edited:
To somewhat defend the media, if his name isn’t mentioned then he loses his fame, so to speak.

Why are we blaming the poor car? When someone uses a gun to shoot up a work place or a concert, we usually blame the person. What makes ramming a car into a pile of people different?

Also, why should we stop at blaming the media when the media is feeding off of politics. The media and politicians (and their handlers) go hand and glove in this awful blame game.

We can blame the media all we want, and with our spending dollars we can shrink their influence, the same can be recommended regarding politicians I suppose.

Either way, like you said, this country is headed in a wild direction.

Most of what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, but I'll address the small part that did (first paragraph).

When have we ever not discussed it that way when someone is hit by a car? We always say they were hit by a car. The detailed reporting I've seen goes into the driver, but headlines and tweets (another gutter form of communication that has destroyed the fabric of the country) generally are top-line views. So saying "three people were hit by a car" is completely consistent with how we have discussed these situations since Henry Ford got going.

To somewhat defend the media, if his name isn’t mentioned then he loses his fame, so to speak.

Except his name is. His picture is all over the place. The video of him on the guy's ring Doorbell is all over the place. Even TMZ has been running his rap sheet. I don't even watch the news and I know all about this dude just from a few clips, all from what's considered MSM, sources I've seen. They have made him, his criminal record, and his image "famous".

I mean, here is an article from the day after it happened.

The driver has been identified as Darrell E. Brooks, 39, of Milwaukee, Thompson said Monday afternoon at a news conference.

Police have recommended five charges of intentional homicide. Prosecutors in the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office said they will review the matter with police and expect to file initial charges Tuesday. Brooks will make his initial court appearance Tuesday afternoon.

Brooks was out on bail, according to court records and the Milwaukee County District Attorney's office.

Brooks posted a $1,000 bond on November 11 in relation to charges including domestic abuse. That incident also involved Brooks being accused of using a car to cause an injury, according to a criminal complaint.

Brooks also has an outstanding arrest warrant in Nevada in an unrelated case in August 2016 for which he was arrested and allegedly jumped bail, according to Sara Johns, Washoe County Sheriff's Department spokesperson. CNN has reached out to a previous attorney for Brooks with no response.

I'm baffled by what problem people have with this reporting.

Most of what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, but I'll address the small part that did (first paragraph).

When have we ever not discussed it that way when someone is hit by a car? We always say they were hit by a car. The detailed reporting I've seen goes into the driver, but headlines and tweets (another gutter form of communication that has destroyed the fabric of the country) generally are top-line views. So saying "three people were hit by a car" is completely consistent with how we have discussed these situations since Henry Ford got going.
I think one day you and I will have a major disagreement, but today isn’t that day brother.

This wasn’t some every day car accident. There is nothing normal about what happened, so why address it like it was a normal accident?

Did the car hit the people under its own volition? When someone shoots into a crowd of people do we say “man fires into crowd”, or do we say “gun fires into crowd?” If you feel we are going into semantics here, then so be it, we can leave it there.

I agree with you on Social Media, while it sucks the power from main sources of media, it also spews that much more misinformation into the world.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom