Suzanne Plessette Dies (1 Viewer)

What a bummer.. I always liked her.

Joe

To those not old enough to have seen the first Bob Newhart Show, buy it in DVD.

Pleshette was as saucy as she was beautiful. Years later, when Newhart and Pleshette were together, someone asked what would have happened had the two been a real-life couple. Pleshette let loose her husky laugh and joked that "Bob would have killed himself." Newhart added that he would have spent all of his time apologizing to people for her language.

On another occasion, when the two were together and they remained friends long after the show, Pleshette, when asked the reason the show was so successful, coyly answered it was "the sexual energy between us." Newhart laughing retorted, "I don't remember that."

Favorite episodes were the shows when Bob learned Emily's IQ was high than his and when Bob had to talk to Emily's class on career day about being a psychologist.

She was perfect as Emily Hartley and, because of her bawdy wit and notable charm, was a favorite of Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. My regret is that I cannot find old Tonight Show episodes with Pleshette as a guest.

Last edited:
What I always liked about old Suzanne, is that she was always "Down to Earth" in anything that I saw her in... I like that in a girl. And I guess that's why I always found her so attractive...

Joe

I hope I'm that pretty when I'm alive.

Does anyone have the Johnny Carson Tonight Show DVDs and know whether they contain episodes with Pleshette?

She was a good looking woman. She died of Lung Cancer? Rumor has it that she was a heavy smoker. I don't know if that is true, but it would make sense.

Either way, may she rest in peace. She appeared to be a fun person.

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom