Swagger (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Probably the most overused term in sports today. All I have heard since the season started and even before was "they got that swagger" or "we're working on that swagger" I'm glad we got it but just a little much. haha

Optimusaint

robot in disguise
Reaction score
my buddy Billy said the same thing yesterday during the game. he said "thanks to M.I.A. saying it once in that Paper Planes song and then it getting sampled and looped in a buncha rap songs, and then Lil Wayne whining and autotune singing about his swagger, we now have to hear it said by every rapper and wannabe hustler on TV as well as every single athlete, announcer, and analyst in sports"

i laughed and told him to stop hating on their swag.

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
my buddy Billy said the same thing yesterday during the game. he said "thanks to M.I.A. saying it once in that Paper Planes song and then it getting sampled and looped in a buncha rap songs, and then Lil Wayne whining and autotune singing about his swagger, we now have to hear it said by every rapper and wannabe hustler on TV as well as every single athlete, announcer, and analyst in sports"

Nice detailed rundown on how the rap industry works.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
but that does remind me of the wwl announcer - super white guy FM voice - asking callers to "holla" by calling in to the station
no

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yes, because swaggar is suddenly a new word........

Maybe it's all a plot by Oldspice..

Flyboy

Daydream Believer
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjUvCrcEynw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjUvCrcEynw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Drew Breesus used it so that means it's acceptable. Next.

FranklinSaint

Jabari Greer's #1 Fan
Reaction score

It's been used heavily in rap for years now (long before MIA became any sort of household name), however, like most hip-hop related words and phrases that eventually enter popular culture, it catches on in the mainstream much later and gets overused to the point that it will soon become "uncool" and fade into oblivion. Then the media will get fascinated with a new term...lol

OP
CreoleblueWhoDAT
Reaction score
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/BjUvCrcEynw&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Drew Breesus used it so that means it's acceptable. Next.

Drew definately says "swaggER" with the most white diction I've ever heard. haha!! I would still sale a kidney to have his swaggER though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom