Swamp People : Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Did anyone watch it? I watched it last night and it was cool. Not as good as the first season as the first season felt "raw". This season is not bad, but more staged. Dude getting bit was kinda funny. I don't like the gator catcher.

I will watch next week though :D

Tommy sat two seats in front of me at a Saints game at the end of last season.

I asked him what he and Joe would have done if they'd have caught those poachers last season. He smiled and gave me the throat cut gesture. Seemed like a likeable guy.

Tommy sat two seats in front of me at a Saints game at the end of last season.

I asked him what he and Joe would have done if they'd have caught those poachers last season. He smiled and gave me the throat cut gesture. Seemed like a likeable guy.

My dad said Joe is his second cousin. Not sure if thats good or bad LOL

I love this show. I was bummed they didn't show the guy who goes out with his dog. That dude cracks me up.

Was looking forwrad to it and missed it.

I loved it. I laughed when the dude got bit and was telling his dad to shot that *beep*er. Then when the gator started chasing the boat after they pulled him back in the water was funny too.

Love this show...these dudes are insane. Someone needs to chip in and buy Troy a new polo shirt. The guy wears the same dark blue/white stripe shirt every dang episode and he started this season with the same ol shirt...:hihi:

I have had a run in with a gator one time when we were in the basin.

To make it short we were drinking Jager and Beam along with about 3 cases of beer so that night we all get the bright idea to go ride in the boat. We stop in this little cove to hang out and drink a little more. My buddy Darrell saw this 4 foot gator right by the boat so the dumb*** jumps in the water and grabs him then tosses him in our boat. Surprisingly the gator was fairly calm, probably from being shocked, so I went and grabbed him right behind the head and on the tail and was scarring the little "girls" in the boat. It was definitely a thrill to hold something like that and pretty funny seeing these guys so scared they wanted to jump out of the boat but was more scared that the momma might be hanging around. Good times while drinking.

Love this show...these dudes are insane. Someone needs to chip in and buy Troy a new polo shirt. The guy wears the same dark blue/white stripe shirt every dang episode and he started this season with the same ol shirt...:hihi:

They make them all wear the same clothes as much as possible so they can edit and make things look seamless.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the show, it's the stupid editing designed to make things more exciting. I constantly notice a shot that doesn't make sense. They obviously insert other footage from other times in order to spice up the narrative.

Like, half the time Troy is yelling "shooit! shooit!" is canned footage that has nothing to do with the current gator fight.

I'd like the show better without all that "reality tv" garbage. The subject matter is interesting enough on its own without some heavy-handed production.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I wonder why people feel the need to even do that. It wasn't mean to be useful or not. Just a story of what happened to us about two year ago. I guess some people feel the need to + rep or neg rep for anything.

Troy gets a new shirt when Willie gets some new teeth!

They make them all wear the same clothes as much as possible so they can edit and make things look seamless.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the show, it's the stupid editing designed to make things more exciting. I constantly notice a shot that doesn't make sense. They obviously insert other footage from other times in order to spice up the narrative.

Like, half the time Troy is yelling "shooit! shooit!" is canned footage that has nothing to do with the current gator fight.

I'd like the show better without all that "reality tv" garbage. The subject matter is interesting enough on its own without some heavy-handed production.

I have to agree with this- I like the show, I like what they are doing but they seem to over edit it. They splice all these scenes together, it'll be a 4 ft gator up in some cypress trees one shot, then the next it looks like a 10 ft gator in some marsh grass, then back to the 4 footer that they pull in.

Shoot son...dat tree breaker was a beast...I've gotten caught up watching it last season...and look forward to watching it dis season as well...hell...it's about Louisiana...and I rank it right up there with Deadliest Catch as jobs I wouldn't wanna do for a living....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom