Swann to IR (1 Viewer)

I don't necessarily disagree with you... However, Vaccarro had two concussions his rookie year as well... Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya, but those two are not built the same. KV has about 35 pounds on Swann.

Very risky strategy, and like guard....CB has gone undrafted 2 years running.

You get multiple losing seasons with that type management.

?

PJ Williams and Damian Swann were both drafted in 2015.

It was only deep in July if you believed that injury laden players in Swann and Lewis would perform for 16 games. Very risky strategy, and like guard....CB has gone undrafted 2 years running.

What do you mean CB has gone undrafted for 2 years now? We drafted 2 of them last year and a safety(that can play in nickel) this year. Also, as of now, Peat is a guard. Thats not saying he stays one or is a good one, but we did DRAFT him.

It was only deep in July if you believed that injury laden players in Swann and Lewis would perform for 16 games. Very risky strategy, and like guard....CB has gone undrafted 2 years running.

giphy.gif

It's a shame we can't draft 22 first rounders every year.

There isn't a single team out there that's always fully stacked at every position. It's about coaching to minimize your weaknesses and getting the most talent you can.

We drafted 2 CB's in 2015. We drafted one in 2014. We've drafted a Guard or Tackle every year in the draft since 2012, except 2016. The problem is our hit rate wasn't great. And you can't fix every single hole in the first round of the draft and FA every year. But to claim the team hasn't even tried?

Do you just hate the team or something? Seriously, this type of negative outlook just serves no purpose. We watch grown men play a kids game for ENTERTAINMENT! It's supposed to be fun. Sure, we want to win a bunch of games, but when fans become so neurotic that they can't even enjoy the game, what's the point?

We had a heck of a run from 2006-2013. Or if you want to narrow that down to 2009-2013. That's a 4 year run of having a lot of talent. Eventually that gets expensive.

I hear ya, but those two are not built the same. KV has about 35 pounds on Swann.

Your brain doesn't care how much muscle you have. Everyone just deals with brain injuries differently.

Pass rush, one of the main reasons we went after Kruger.

Bingo!

We don't have Patrick Peterson, Richard Shermin, Reevis, Harris, or Haden on this team (along with their strong db units). We have a good (not great) db unit, and so we have to make sure they can perform great every now and then. So we build our defense like the Panthers. They are built from the inside out. Our front 7 have the potential to make some serious noise, and if they do, that will make our db unit look that much better.

Playing, IR'ing, or cutting Swann wasn't going to change our defensive fortunes. Bringing in Kruger will.

Your brain doesn't care how much muscle you have. Everyone just deals with brain injuries differently.
No the brain doesn't, but 35 lbs of body weight acts as a shock absorber. It also allows KV to deliver the hits instead of receiving them like Swann does. If you can't tell the difference between the two tackling, then you need to visit your Ophthalmologist.

No the brain doesn't, but 35 lbs of body weight acts as a shock absorber. It also allows KV to deliver the hits instead of receiving them like Swann does. If you can't tell the difference between the two tackling, then you need to visit your Ophthalmologist.

Well, it depends on what causes the concussion. A knee to the helmet doesn't take the overall body mass into consideration. I get your point though.

He actually played as the 3rd CB in nickel with the 1st team. He then played on the outside with Crawley as the field DB with the 2nd Team.

See above. He was in the slot as the starting nickel DB (likely made the decision to IR swann easier) and the Steelers ran a pick play. He didn't find the ball quick enough and Ben made a great throw to Brown...but he wasn't just BEATEN.

Here's the play...and Brown is a mismatch for any NB let alone a UDFA

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/769333109036724225?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I see what you're saying, but you can't fall down after you barely miss the play. Stay on your feet and it's likely just a 15 yard pass and a 1st down, not a TD.

Here is a post that I think you should read. Read that, then perform a search on your entire posting history and tell me why you don't fit that mold.

Plus it doesn't help his cause with having been arrested in Georgia during the off season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom