Swann to IR (1 Viewer)

wo0dsy1

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damian Swann is going to IR today, per source</p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/770997584970321921">August 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Breaux, Williams, Finnegan, Harris, Crawley is who we have left. Please baby Jesus let these men stay healthy

I mentioned this in the other thread about him. I think it's a blessing in disguise for him. He's a tackle away from another concussion. He's in a tough spot. A young guy with a promising career derailed by injuries. He really shouldn't play again, but how do you tell a young man whose entire life is football to stop and find something else to do that will more than likely never pay like an NFL career.

I mentioned this in the other thread about him. I think it's a blessing in disguise for him. He's a tackle away from another concussion. He's in a tough spot. A young guy with a promising career derailed by injuries. He really shouldn't play again, but how do you tell a young man whose entire life is football to stop and find something else to do that will more than likely never pay like an NFL career.

I don't necessarily disagree with you... However, Vaccarro had two concussions his rookie year as well... Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This explains why he went to the doctor (to get a second opinion). I am with socbe7, this is (for lack of a better term) a mercy kill. The Saints are doing Swann a favor as he is one concussion away from having his brain go to mush. Hard to enjoy that money when you can't remember what your spending it on.

What happened with Crawley? I thought he had a decent camp.

Man :( a position we thought going into the year would be solid and have nice depth is now a questionable unit. Ughhhh.

This explains why he went to the doctor (to get a second opinion). I am with socbe7, this is (for lack of a better term) a mercy kill. The Saints are doing Swann a favor as he is one concussion away from having his brain go to mush. Hard to enjoy that money when you can't remember what your spending it on.

What happened with Crawley? I thought he had a decent camp.

Crawley wasn't cut, was he?

I would love to have one single season where we don't have an onslaught of catastrophic injuries at the CB position.

I have a lot of confidence in Williams. Once he starts to turn his head around I think he'll be even better than Keenan was for us (hot take). Where it gets tricky is the nickel CB. We can always use Vaccaro as a slot CB when we go to dime and have Bell go to Safety but who's gonna be the nickel? I have a feeling it'll be Harris.

Crawley is fearless on run support.

Last game they took an extended look at Harris so he was playing as 4th CB, then second unit with Swann. I think nothing happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom