Swann to visit Dr Meyers (Inj unknown) (1 Viewer)

I like Swann, but he's really starting to make me think that he's not built for the NFL. Talent is no good if you can't play.

Ugh. This is an absolutely perfect example of why we will be mediocre this year. We simply have not had enough success with our draft picks. Whether through failed evaluation of talent or poor luck with health, we have missed on too many picks.

Bummer. I hope he recovers and can contribute.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Let's see the severity of the issue before we condemn the entire organization. It can be anywhere from a relatively common fix that many people have them forget about to something more complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is ireland as good as we say he is? Imagine how much better we will be right now if we had Denzel Perryman instead of Peat. A 4th round OL instead of Swann. Players may be underrated in college but their limited role defines the workload they can handle in the NFL. Lower ranked good defensive players are more prone to injury. Our better picks in the third rounds have been offense. Also Petty instead of Grayson.

Is ireland as good as we say he is? Imagine how much better we will be right now if we had Denzel Perryman instead of Peat. A 4th round OL instead of Swann. Players may be underrated in college but their limited role defines the workload they can handle in the NFL. Lower ranked good defensive players are more prone to injury. Our better picks in the third rounds have been offense. Also Petty instead of Grayson.

Listen, I understand your point and I agree with should be more disciplined with our currency (money and picks).

I have nothing against Grayson, but I think Griffin was as good as him, and that was a third pick we could have used on a guard.

I like Fleener, but that money could have been used on a pair of guards. I know tight end is important in our system but nothing goes if we don't have protection or open holes.

And even when we are finally reducing the hole, we still have fresh dead money (Lewis and Browner), and I am almost certain that Byrd is next.

We need to understand where we are in our growth and accept it. We are not close yet, let's invest wisely. I don't see why to give away a 7th round next year but a special teamer project. Really....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In area of abductor muscle, source said. Team sorting out options with Dr. Meyers. <a href="https://t.co/GBxDIu0xDw">https://t.co/GBxDIu0xDw</a></p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/770648706358120448">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Given his history of head injuries, this may be the best thing that could happen to him personally. I cringe every time he makes a tackle. This will force him to take more time off. Players always come back too early from head injuries. I know it's been months since his last concussion, but that may still be too soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In area of abductor muscle, source said. Team sorting out options with Dr. Meyers. <a href="https://t.co/GBxDIu0xDw">https://t.co/GBxDIu0xDw</a></p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/770648706358120448">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

so its more of just a "pain in the #@$" ...?

:ezbill:

Good thing we were relatively deep in the secondary as opposed to last year. That would be a third quality CB we have lost due to injury prior to the regular season? Lewis, Wilson, and now possibly Swann. If any one of these had happened - PJ not falling to us in the draft, Breaux not been a Saints fan, or our UDFA CB's performing like typical UDFA's - we'd be in serious trouble.

Long term Swann going on IR should be a good thing it gives him another year to put his concussions behind him and we have the depth to cover for him.

Shaky pass rush + shaky oline + suspect DBs..... I think we know how this ends.

The hindsight 20/20 doesn't work at all. If you are going to put everything on one person then that is pretty short sighted. You tell me how in the world you are supposed to know all this before hand. I guess Payton and the gang forgot their crystal ball on draft day to carefully select all the gems. So if you are a good lower ranked defensive players are more prone to injury? How is Peat a bust is it his failure to read and miss his assignments? Is it his technique or his footwork? Sounds to me like a lot of people (as always at SR) are just following the group mentality that Peat was a wasted pick. If anything just by reading all the switching around he has done it is amazing he is playing at the level he is which is not all that bad.

No he isn't. There are different hand placement, footwork, punches, where you move the defender to, how you come out of the stance, your stance so in in each position. He has had to become a jack of all trades, master of none. Now, once he settles into a position, then let's grade him and see how he grows. If he sits at say RG all season, and hasn't shown any growth in technique or such, then we can start to criticize

No he isn't. There are different hand placement, footwork, punches, where you move the defender to, how you come out of the stance, your stance so in in each position. He has had to become a jack of all trades, master of none. Now, once he settles into a position, then let's grade him and see how he grows. If he sits at say RG all season, and hasn't shown any growth in technique or such, then we can start to criticize

Long term Swann going on IR should be a good thing it gives him another year to put his concussions behind him and we have the depth to cover for him.

Also stunts his development another year giving other players a chance to surpass him.

I'm slowly becoming more and more worried for our CB play. I really hope we can become a productive unit in the secondary and have some success.
KV may need to play some more Nickle CB if we start struggling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom