Swine Flu help (1 Viewer)

50_Saint

"Da Enligtened One"
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I usually dont post much but tonight I am distraught by the fact that my girlfriend has been admitted to the hospital with H1N1. She has been running a high fever (103) for almost 5 days now and now the doc says the blood work shows her white blood cells are low (how low dont know). What im asking here tonight is for you guys whom have had experience with this virus to share your stories and thoughts about how bad was it and how long did it take you to recover. My girlfriend is thinking shes going to kick the bucket because the doc said it didnt look good but im trying to do whatever it takes to get her to think positive. Please be honest even if the truth hurts XD, thank you.

real sorry to hear that, it sounds very serious, hope they admitted her early enough to help her......

i had it. It actually wasnt terrible for me. kinda like the regular flu. she'll be alright im sure but my prayers are with her. Good luck. Mine lasted about a week with the bulk of the bad stuff going for about 3 days. Maybe hers is worse or my body fought it better. Obviously it affects people differently so i cant be sure

yeah well when bad news comes in it stays coming in. White blood cell count down 30% from normal... im freaking out over here dont know really what to do.

I work in emerg. med services and can tellyou that h1n1 is actually a lil milder than the regular flu it is just far more contagious and may last longer. If her immunity is weak for whatever reason it would explain the severity.
Nonetheless Christ Jesus is able. I'll pray for her well being. God bless.

My girlfriend is thinking shes going to kick the bucket because the doc said it didnt look good but im trying to do whatever it takes to get her to think positive. Please be honest even if the truth hurts XD, thank you.

HUH? The doc said "it didnt look good" as in prognosis or just in general?

Its the flu, just a different strain. Now if she has underlying issues it could be a bit worse, but from all accounts I have heard, its the flu. Tell her to keep positive- you would be surprised what the mind can do. I sure she will be fine and tell her not to waste energy on worrying about it.

Prayers of support and strength for yall. Any update this morning??

Her white blood cells are low? Are they sure she has H1N1....Did they think her immune system was low, and that's how she contracted it.... Usually with any type of infetction and fever, you wbc's are usually elevated...

Good luck to her, you and ya'lls families....

Well she was fine all the way up to last Friday, she works at a daycare with small children and thats how were figuring she caught it. She went to the hospital last Friday night when she originally started running a high fever. they gave her a shot and tamiflu and sent her on her way. The fever didnt break in 4 days and i told her thats enough and I literally dragged her to the hospital. Doc has said nothing about a bacterial infection and when he told me her WBC count was down I started to think either her body is waving the white flag or maybe it might be turning the corner. There giving her a drip in her IV to help raise the count. Ill give an update later on when I go in to check up on her. They wont let me stay around her for too much, because of the fact ive never caught it, but im almost to the point where im like your going to have to drag me out of here to get me to leave, this is very frustrating.

My mother's white blood count went very low with the regular flu. Doc said low meant that her body was very over taxed trying to fight it off. White blood count Should be high when one is sick After 2 days of IV her counts returned to normal and she fully recovered. She was in her 70's at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an update for all that are interested: She was moved to a bigger hospital in Dalass (whoops sorry saints fan coming out lol) and well the good news is that her fever dropped to 102 from 104.2 this morning, bad news is that when she got there her oxygen level was low so they have her on oxygen now. Please keep us in your prayers tonight.

Thank you all for the support it means a ton, just another reason why SR.com rocks!!

Good luck man! She's lucky having a boyfriend that is staying strong for her. Sounds like the worst is probably behind her, she'll be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom