Switch Games (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i have been tasked with buying a couple of switch games for my niece that is 7...

i was thinking Animal Crossing would be a good choice but she really loves Pokemon...problem is that there seem to be an absurd number of Pokemon games and i don't know the difference between them

any help would be appreciated....

My kids don't have animal crossing, but a friend of theirs does and loves it

For Pokemon, my kids have "Let's go Pikachu" and really enjoy it

Some other hits:
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (fun for the whole fam)
Super Mario Maker 2
Splatoon 2

i have been tasked with buying a couple of switch games for my niece that is 7...

i was thinking Animal Crossing would be a good choice but she really loves Pokemon...problem is that there seem to be an absurd number of Pokemon games and i don't know the difference between them

any help would be appreciated....

Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword or Shield. I am told that Shield is the better version but they are the same games with different Legendary Pokemon.

Breath of the Wild is also apparently very good, but I would guess it's probably not the kind of thin a 7 year-old could really play.

Which Pokemon game depends on how the kid came to Pokemon and what they want. If their concept of Pokemon is from Pokemon Go then it's likely that Let's Go Pikachu (Or Let's Go Eevee, same game just different toons) is the way to go. If they are actually into Pokemon from the cards or possibly the cartoon then Pokemon Sword and Shield is the way to go.

Basically, the Let's Go games are aimed at people who learned about Pokemon through Pokemon Go. It's more or less Pokemon Go made into a handheld game. Where as Sword and Shield is a traditional Nintendo Pokemon game. My daughter, who as you know is a Weeb, likes both but likes Sword and Shield more. But, she has played all the nintendo Pokemon games for years and has played the card game.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword or Shield. I am told that Shield is the better version but they are the same games with different Legendary Pokemon.

Breath of the Wild is also apparently very good, but I would guess it's probably not the kind of thin a 7 year-old could really play.

Which Pokemon game depends on how the kid came to Pokemon and what they want. If their concept of Pokemon is from Pokemon Go then it's likely that Let's Go Pikachu (Or Let's Go Eevee, same game just different toons) is the way to go. If they are actually into Pokemon from the cards or possibly the cartoon then Pokemon Sword and Shield is the way to go.

Basically, the Let's Go games are aimed at people who learned about Pokemon through Pokemon Go. It's more or less Pokemon Go made into a handheld game. Where as Sword and Shield is a traditional Nintendo Pokemon game. My daughter, who as you know is a Weeb, likes both but likes Sword and Shield more. But, she has played all the nintendo Pokemon games for years and has played the card game.

you're also obviously a weeb so i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...especially when the tree is only 5' tall....

apparently, she got into Pokemon from the cards but i am not sure how much she knows or even understands...she is only 7 so probably not much...they live in Egypt so i don't really have a direct line of communication to them to find out....

the Let's Go seem pointless since she could easily play Pokemon Go on a phone or tablet...I might go with S&S since it seems to be a little more involved

Luigi's mansion 3 was a ton of fun

Mario 3d All Stars coming out Friday. Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy remade in HD.

Thanks for the reminder. I preordered and downloaded so it's available when I get a chance to fire it up, which should be some time next year! ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I preordered and downloaded so it's available when I get a chance to fire it up, which should be some time next year! ;)
Good thing cuz they're taking it out of the eshop next March for some reason lol. They look awesome in HD btw.

I don’t know why galaxy 2 isn’t included

I would have loved to see them redo 64 using the Odyssey graphics engine with the option to play with the older graphics

Hope my copy comes today

Sunshine is the only 3D Mario I never finished (never even really got that far into)

I don’t know why galaxy 2 isn’t included

I would have loved to see them redo 64 using the Odyssey graphics engine with the option to play with the older graphics

Hope my copy comes today

Sunshine is the only 3D Mario I never finished (never even really got that far into)
I've never played 64 or sunshine.

Bought the switch for my daughter (7), but we've all been enjoying it.
Have Mario, Mario Kart and the sports games bundle.
What are some other games to look into, where do you look for new releases, etc?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom