Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile (1 Viewer)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else made the switch?

Likes / dislikes?

Your coverage will probably vary depending on where you live. I’ve never used TMobile personally, but I’ve heard a lot people complain about having poor reception in rural areas.

I switched a couple years ago, don't get service in my house.
Tmobile phones use wifi calling which, usually solves that. They have also started using a low band frequency that penetrates buildings, but that's on newer phones.

I've only ever had trouble around iowa, and in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

Tmobile phones use wifi calling which, usually solves that. They have also started using a low band frequency that penetrates buildings, but that's on newer phones.

I've only ever had trouble around iowa, and in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
Tmobile's wifi calling was terrible with my S9. The phones dropped calls every 30 seconds so they sent me a mini cell tower that is plugged into my router.

I've had T-Mobile for about 4 years now, and I can't complain. Coverage has been comparable to what ATT was, and the WiFi calling feature is a good thing. Customer service has been really good, too. And, them picking up my monthly Netflix bill is just icing on the cake.

One benefit of T-Mobile that I find a lot of people aren't aware of is their "T-Mobile Tuesdays" app. Every Tuesday, using the app you can get various special offers and discounts. Currently, they have a promo every week for 10 cents a gallon off of Shell gas. Other fairly regular offers are a free redbox rental a $2 Dunkin gift card, and things like that. The best one they've had in my opinion) was a Popeye's special. It was for a free chicken sandwich and three pieces of chicken (no additional purchase necessary).

Tmobile's wifi calling was terrible with my S9. The phones dropped calls every 30 seconds so they sent me a mini cell tower that is plugged into my router.
Samsung must have gone cheap on something. I use a note 8 and it works great. Your phone is newer so I would have expected better. I'm not sure that I'll mess with Samsung again.

I’m hoping that since they took over all of the Sprint coverage, they’ll have good coverage in more places.

We're looking at T-Mobile as a possibility and if we made the switch I'm most likely getting the Samsung A71. Any thoughts on that phone? It seems nice. I'm still using an HTC One M9, thing is 5-6 years old.

I tried T mobile a few years ago,. it was great if I was in a populated area or was on major hwys. I live in Gonzales area and had.no problem. but when I went out to very rural areas. I had no service..
If you would like to test it for a month, if you have an unlocked phone, you can purchase a T Mobile Sim card from Text Now and get a month of service with like 2GB data for $20 a month (no contract). worth a try before taking a plung.

I have a T-Mobile phone and a Verizon phone. They generally have service in the same locations. I've tried them both in areas far from civilization, out fishing in the marsh, and both have had service. Verizon does have more coverage areas overall, but it's MUCH closer than in years past. I have noticed T-Mobile increasing their coverage areas for the last few years. It used to be ok, now it's great. T-Mobile is also way cheaper.

Oh, if we can ever travel Internationally, T-Mobile just obliterates Verizon. My phone works great in Europe and Asia. Coverage in China, parts of India and all of Europe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom