Switching defenses (Walter Football piece) (1 Viewer)

Good article but put me in the boat that our biggest needs are all in the secondary. We need a FS, SS and at least 1 CB with some size.

I'll never forgive Spags for not putting the best players on the field last season. He refused to play the younger more talented players and now we don't really know what we have going into an offseason full of change.

Why couldn't Spags just put the guys on the damn field, especially after we were out the playoffs and it was painfully obvious we weren't going to be bringing guys like Will Smith back?

Because Gregg Williams was so good at doing that right? It seemed to me that for most of the season Spags was on autopilot just trying to survive week to week (and he had some good games, like the 49ers, Packers, Raiders, second Falcons and second Buccs games) to pick up the pieces when Payton returned. Obviously that turned out to not be the case but I don't fault him for following a Payton-Brees era tradition of settling for mediocrity in defensive play.

We will be a TOP 15 defense next season....WATCH!! I dont put much stock into all this draft mess. I like to see what shake up after TC. As of now this is how i see our 3-4 alignment.

Dion Jordan, Hicks, Cam Jordan
Wilson, Vilma, Lofton, Hawthorne
P. ROB, Corey White (Greer- (Nickel back)
Bush, MJ27

I like the Jordan sandwich (we could nickname them the Jordan brothers, a la the Smith brothers), but what are you going to do with Galette? I see a lineup more like this:

WDE - Cam Jordan
NT - Akiem Hicks
SDE - Dion Jordan

WOLB - Junior Galette
WILB - David Hawthorne
SILB - Curtis Lofton
SOLB - Tez Wilson

FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
CB - Jabari Greer
CB - P Robinson

He's listed as both a DE and a OLB in various draft lists.

4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB He is a tweener.

Did you watch him play at all? Oregon had a bunch of nationally televised games. He is way to light to play DE in a 3 - 4 and would get killed at the PoA trying to take on double teams. He is a pure, athletic, pass rusher. He projects very well to RDE in a 4 - 3, he can utilize his log arms to keeps himself clean, and turn the corner with his speed, and will be 1 on 1 with the LT most of the time.

3 - 4 he would be an SOLB, he has the height and speed to stay with TE's, and we can send him off the edge to get after the QB. Its his most natural position IMO. He will get looks from lots of teams in this role. He is also a workout warrior so do not be surprised if he starts to climb in the next few months with the combine and pro days fast approaching.

I like the Jordan sandwich (we could nickname them the Jordan brothers, a la the Smith brothers), but what are you going to do with Galette? I see a lineup more like this:

WDE - Cam Jordan
NT - Akiem Hicks
SDE - Dion Jordan

WOLB - Junior Galette
WILB - David Hawthorne
SILB - Curtis Lofton
SOLB - Tez Wilson

FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
CB - Jabari Greer
CB - P Robinson

Lol im starting to think ur trolling.

Uve posted this lineup in several threads

No player under 285 -350 is playing on the end spot.

That means no Junior or Dion Jordan @ Rde or LDe....these are OLBs in a 3-4

If he is in the 250 270 range they are OLB....really 265 is the highest target weight

4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB He is a tweener.

Did you watch him play at all? Oregon had a bunch of nationally televised games. He is way to light to play DE in a 3 - 4 and would get killed at the PoA trying to take on double teams. He is a pure, athletic, pass rusher. He projects very well to RDE in a 4 - 3, he can utilize his log arms to keeps himself clean, and turn the corner with his speed, and will be 1 on 1 with the LT most of the time.

3 - 4 he would be an SOLB, he has the height and speed to stay with TE's, and we can send him off the edge to get after the QB. Its his most natural position IMO. He will get looks from lots of teams in this role. He is also a workout warrior so do not be surprised if he starts to climb in the next few months with the combine and pro days fast approaching.

Its 14 other teams in front...about 5 need passrushers

Mingo Jordan Warner possibly Montgomery all should go b4 Ansah.

He should still b there when we pick......we SHOULD select him and use him as a 3rd down rusher while he learns the playbook.

WDE - Cam Jordan
NT - Akiem Hicks
SDE - Dion Jordan

WOLB - Junior Galette
WILB - David Hawthorne
SILB - Curtis Lofton
SOLB - Tez Wilson

FS - Malcolm Jenkins
SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
CB - Jabari Greer
CB - P Robinson

Switch IAQ to FS and Jenkins possibly to SS, and put Dion at SOLB.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got their personnel information from this forum.

:rofl:

Funny! About 90% of what we say on this forum is ridiculous and only underscores the poster's lack of knowledge about the NFL and/or the Saints organization. (This often includes me.) Coaches who listen to the fans when it comes to personnel or scheme are idiots, mostly because if he listens to the fans, he'll end up with 100 different solutions from 100 different people. Which would he go with? I can hear it now, "But Mr. Benson, this one fan on Saintsreport wanted us to draft a kicker in the first round. I thought, 'Wow, how innovative!' so I did it."

Its 14 other teams in front...about 5 need passrushers

Mingo Jordan Warner possibly Montgomery all should go b4 Ansah.

He should still b there when we pick......we SHOULD select him and use him as a 3rd down rusher while he learns the playbook.

I think you're underselling Ansah, especially after yesterday. After JPP's success in the NFL despite being 'raw' teams will only want him more.

Here's a good article on Ansah and the look at what teams will be interested.

Jordan's injury might hurt his draft stock and Montgomery doesn't have near the ceiling of Ansah. Werner will probably go before him and I think it's going to end up as a toss up between Mingo and Ansah with both possibly being gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom