Sylvester Williams or Kenny Vaccaro as potential picks? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
According to Down at the One's assessments, these two talents could be likely picks for us in the first round. I think a DT would help our line in both the pass and the run game but I'm not sure about drafting ANOTHER DB with a first round pick. Thoughts, opinions?

Down at the One - NFL Draft Coverage: NFC South

I would not have a problem if Vaccaro is the pick. I think a good free safety is our biggest need right now, although I prefer to get one for cheap in free agency (Louis Delmas). A good free safety will allow us to move Malcolm Jenkins more into coverage and IAQ to roam freely in nickel and dime packages.

I would not be mad if we took Vaccaro. Sly Williams might be a reach in the mid 1st, but if we traded down, I could see that.

I'm starting to really like Vaccaro at #15. I think it would be a great value pick.

depends on who is off the board at DE/OLB. I don't think you pick him over say a Dion Jordan/Jarvis Jones/Ezekial Ansah

depends on who is off the board at DE/OLB. I don't think you pick him over say a Dion Jordan/Jarvis Jones/Ezekial Ansah

I agree, I like a few DB's but I want an impact 34 edge rusher whether it's an OLB or a hybrid DE guy.

Only 3 DT's worth the 15 pick and thats richardson star and sharrif, sly will fall into the 2nd round, also im not ready to give up on jenkins and I think even if we do Quddus is next in line, kid is a stud. we just need a pass rusher and some press corners.

Isn't Vaccaro a Strong safety? I'm asking because a new Free Safety wouldn't be a bad idea. Then the coaches could move Jenkins to Cornerback. Please excuse my college football stupidity I dont follow it much.

Isn't Vaccaro a Strong safety? I'm asking because a new Free Safety wouldn't be a bad idea. Then the coaches could move Jenkins to Cornerback. Please excuse my college football stupidity I dont follow it much.
Vaccarro is a free safety and a very good one at that.

I believe that Vacarro could play both safety spots. I think what sets him apart from other safeties are his man cover skills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom