T. J. Spears (1 Viewer)

We haven't seen enough of Kendre to say that for sure. Hopefully we will this year. It surprised me that the Titans gave Tony Pollard 8mil/year. It doesn't seem like they're fully turning it over to Spears. Achane was explosive but can he stay healthy? He only got 100 carries last year.
It's basically a 1 yr deal to Pollard with almost no further dead money or guarantees after this year...
Spears will out play him and secure the main feature role and have it for a few years imo.
It may only be a year in, but as far as a snapshot of current value, Spears is ahead of Miller right now.
Still, it will be fun or painful to look back several times in the future. Achane we'll see, but like you, I am very skeptical he can handle the rigors of 15+ carries/week...and given the MIA draft selection this year, it seems they are too. Dude is a game changer, though...can not say the same about Miller, currently.

It's basically a 1 yr deal to Pollard with almost no further dead money or guarantees after this year...
Spears will out play him and secure the main feature role and have it for a few years imo.
It may only be a year in, but as far as a snapshot of current value, Spears is ahead of Miller right now.
Still, it will be fun or painful to look back several times in the future. Achane we'll see, but like you, I am very skeptical he can handle the rigors of 15+ carries/week...and given the MIA draft selection this year, it seems they are too. Dude is a game changer, though...can not say the same about Miller, currently.

His OTC page shows 7mil dead money if they cut him next year. That only saves 1.5mil. It looks like a 2 year deal to me.

I agree that it's too soon to call Miller a bust...but, last season he seemed hesitant when he got the ball.
It felt like there was no confidence in his running.

I did not see that at all from Miller. When he was healthy, he hit the hole hard and fast. His only issue was that he could not stay on the field.

That really depends on how long Spears knee holds out and how Miller players for the rest of his career. One year is way too early to tell who the better RB is.
Right? How in the world could anyone make that assumption after one season. I wanted spears as soon as he tore up USC, but there’s nothing we can judge as far as right and wrong after one season. At the end of the day Spears had a whopping 2 more touchdowns than Miller with 124 more touches between rushing, receiving, and special teams.

The only game that Miller was given a significant number of carries was the final game of the season against the Falcons.

He played well!
He ran with power, vision, & speed.
Hopefully this leads to a terrific 2024 Season!

When he was on the field...his play wasn't consistent.
Maybe that's being a rookie, maybe that's being hurt...I don't know.
I'm not giving up on him.
I just want him to play up to the reason why we drafted him.

When he was on the field he looked great. I really don't know what you were not seeing from him.

The Falcons game is the only game where he showed anything IMO
You mean, the game where he got enough snaps to show what he had? What a coincidence.

I think what may be happening is your desire for an early payoff from a 3rd round pick has not been satisfied, because he's mostly been sat behind an established star player at the position. You may also be comparing him with a player on another team, who was put into a role where he was given many more snaps and opportunities to show what he had, at an earlier stage.

The Falcons game is the only game where he showed anything IMO

It's one of only two games where he got decent number of touches. He had 13 carries for 73 yards (5.8 YPC) and 1 catch for 6 yards against Atlanta. He had 12 carrier for 37 yards (3.1 YPC) and 4 catches for 53 yards against New England. That's a good bit of production in a dual running and receiving role. And he looked particularly good running against Atlanta.

The only other game where he got more than 3 carries was Green Bay where he had 9 carries for 38 yards (3.8 YPC) and 1 catch against a stacked box where we were conservatively trying to hold the lead and couldn't throw the ball without Carr.

I'm not sure you can expect him to look consistently good when he only got double digit touches in 2 or 3 games. He hasn't proven anything yet, and he needs to prove that he can stay on the field, but he has produced when he has been on the field and has looked good doing it.

Last edited:
You mean, the game where he got enough snaps to show what he had? What a coincidence.

I think what may be happening is your desire for an early payoff from a 3rd round pick has not been satisfied, because he's mostly been sat behind an established star player at the position. You may also be comparing him with a player on another team, who was put into a role where he was given many more snaps and opportunities to show what he had, at an earlier stage.
I already acknowledged the fact that he was injured for part of the season.
As far as comparing him to "a player on another team", you may be confusing me with other posters.
That ship has sailed.
What's done is done.

My opinion is based upon what I see...not what others have or haven't done.
I hope that Miller continues where he left off in the Atlanta game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom