T J Watt (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hope we draft him, looks like his brother

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K-kBdoQk3QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The interesting thing about him is he could be Casey Matthews, Boss Bailey, Isiah Trufant, or any other brother of a well known player, but if nobody knew who JJ Watt was they would certainly know who TJ Watt was.

If we take Watt I wouldn't be upset. We need help at OLB, and he is one of the best at getting to the qb. He also comes from an NFL pedigree (two brothers in the NFL), which is something we weigh heavily upon.

Hope we draft him, looks like his brother

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K-kBdoQk3QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks good, but seems like a 3-4 OLB. My question when it comes to these pass rushers is what are they gonna bring that Kikaha can't. Can they do things he might struggle with? Set the edge? Have a great speed rush? Kikaha is a technical pass rusher that wins with effort, technique, and hand usage. I hope we draft a speed rusher that can set a decent edge. Tim Williams hopefully for me. I like Barnett too b/c he offers run stop in addition to a good array of pass rush moves. Takk Mckinnely is a freak who is very interesting. He wins just off his athleticism and great hustle/effort. If someone would teach him technique sky is the limit for him I think his ceiling could be the highest of all the edges in this draft. Not sure we will take him at 11 but man will be looking forward to see him in the Senior Bowl.

He really impressed me when LSU played Wisconsin. The guy is just a flat out football player. Not sure what round he gets drafted in but I hope we get him, just not in the first.

Looks good, but seems like a 3-4 OLB. My question when it comes to these pass rushers is what are they gonna bring that Kikaha can't. Can they do things he might struggle with? Set the edge? Have a great speed rush? Kikaha is a technical pass rusher that wins with effort, technique, and hand usage. I hope we draft a speed rusher that can set a decent edge. Tim Williams hopefully for me. I like Barnett too b/c he offers run stop in addition to a good array of pass rush moves. Takk Mckinnely is a freak who is very interesting. He wins just off his athleticism and great hustle/effort. If someone would teach him technique sky is the limit for him I think his ceiling could be the highest of all the edges in this draft. Not sure we will take him at 11 but man will be looking forward to see him in the Senior Bowl.

Two knees that haven't exploded multiple times maybe... He better not have had a previous ACL surgery and ruin my joke.

Not to bag on you or Kikaha, but I believe it's safe to say the Saints brass, while hopeful, is moving forward and making plans assuming Kik won't return to form or be our savior off the edge (much like Swann, another talented player who also may never see another full healthy NFL season). I'm liking Barnett more and more, especially after watching TN's bowl game. It seemed like he disrupted every single play and it was cool to see how thrilled his teammates were when he broke Reggie's sack record. Still trying to find my way onto the Tim Williams train, but I just can't seem to buy the ticket for some reason. Soloman looks like an absolute beast -- like a more polished Onyemata with more scheme versatility.

The interesting thing about him is he could be Casey Matthews, Boss Bailey, Isiah Trufant, or any other brother of a well known player, but if nobody knew who JJ Watt was they would certainly know who TJ Watt was.

If we take Watt I wouldn't be upset. We need help at OLB, and he is one of the best at getting to the qb. He also comes from an NFL pedigree (two brothers in the NFL), which is something we weigh heavily upon.

I agree.... regardless if his last name was different, he is one hell of a player.

Like someone said, not really a scheme fit. I think he'll be a good player, but he's 3-4 dependent.

JJ was the same, just put in lots of hard work to get where he is, this kid was taught right, not sure what round, but like to have him

Two knees that haven't exploded multiple times maybe... He better not have had a previous ACL surgery and ruin my joke.

Not to bag on you or Kikaha, but I believe it's safe to say the Saints brass, while hopeful, is moving forward and making plans assuming Kik won't return to form or be our savior off the edge (much like Swann, another talented player who also may never see another full healthy NFL season). I'm liking Barnett more and more, especially after watching TN's bowl game. It seemed like he disrupted every single play and it was cool to see how thrilled his teammates were when he broke Reggie's sack record. Still trying to find my way onto the Tim Williams train, but I just can't seem to buy the ticket for some reason. Soloman looks like an absolute beast -- like a more polished Onyemata with more scheme versatility.

To be fair, Kikaha has only had one knee explode multiple times.

His other knee is just fine.

I like how Minnesota uses Anthony Barr. We could use T.J. Watt in the same way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What you don&#39;t want to see coming out of a spin: A hard shoulder from a running back <a href="https://t.co/6r8IXuJePw">pic.twitter.com/6r8IXuJePw</a></p>&mdash; Boogeyman (MVP) (@JuMosq) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/817058925619003392">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Soloman is my favorite player coming out in the draft, but I really don't see where he would fit. To me he would play a similar role as Cam Jordan. Unless we trade Jordan (which I don't see happening) I just don't see him fitting what we need. He looks like a 5-tech and not a pure edge rusher.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How not to act in space when you&#39;re unblocked. <a href="https://t.co/J5Xjl2ExEi">pic.twitter.com/J5Xjl2ExEi</a></p>&mdash; Boogeyman (MVP) (@JuMosq) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/817062478496399360">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watt got toasted here <a href="https://t.co/G4ohiB58GL">pic.twitter.com/G4ohiB58GL</a></p>&mdash; Boogeyman (MVP) (@JuMosq) <a href="https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/817061815242747905">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

He just keeps getting better every year, very similarly to JJ. I wanted JJ so badly for us, but never thought he'd be as good as he has been. I would love for us to get TJ. That whole UW D was really awesome (even without amazing D coordinator DA who left for LSU)...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom