T J Watt (1 Viewer)

finding a spot for this guy would be smart, he will be very good

fourth round available

He will be there in the fourth, not sure he is what we need.

T.J. Watt vs Duke Riley

It's pre-combine so grain of salt... but I keep seeing Watt go in the 2nd and 3rd round in mocks. Duke Riley anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th.

Watt has the size, Riley has the speed. Riley played ILB in a 3-4 this year. I've read that Watt would be best suited as a 3-4 OLB. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted either one. Riley is undersized, but so is Dion Jones.

Can't wait until more draft profiles come out. I know they're not always all that accurate, but I'd like to see what's being said about Beckwith and Riley... and Watt.

Looks good, but seems like a 3-4 OLB. My question when it comes to these pass rushers is what are they gonna bring that Kikaha can't. Can they do things he might struggle with? Set the edge? Have a great speed rush? Kikaha is a technical pass rusher that wins with effort, technique, and hand usage. I hope we draft a speed rusher that can set a decent edge. Tim Williams hopefully for me. I like Barnett too b/c he offers run stop in addition to a good array of pass rush moves. Takk Mckinnely is a freak who is very interesting. He wins just off his athleticism and great hustle/effort. If someone would teach him technique sky is the limit for him I think his ceiling could be the highest of all the edges in this draft. Not sure we will take him at 11 but man will be looking forward to see him in the Senior Bowl.

Outside of Cam, we have Kruger, Tapp, Kikaha, Edibali, and Gwacham. Bringing in 2 upgrades, DE/Edge type, would't be too many. Same with LB, we need 2, but if we could bring in 3 upgrades it wouldn't be a waste. Same with Corner. Safety and the rest of the D-line is fine for now I think.

Gwacham went down, Edibali under-performed, Kikaha suffered a major injury, and even though I thought he often played "okay" Kruger was a stop-gap, not a solution. We need an upgrade and insurance at RDE. Nothing would make me happier than for Kikaha to explode this season, but I don't think we gamble on him returning to form or staying healthy even if he does.

1st rounder on a DE/edge and the next 2 rounds on LB's isn't a bad idea. Even if we bring in a guy or two in FA.

Outside of Cam, we have Kruger, Tapp, Kikaha, Edibali, and Gwacham. Bringing in 2 upgrades, DE/Edge type, would't be too many. Same with LB, we need 2, but if we could bring in 3 upgrades it wouldn't be a waste. Same with Corner. Safety and the rest of the D-line is fine for now I think.

Gwacham went down, Edibali under-performed, Kikaha suffered a major injury, and even though I thought he often played "okay" Kruger was a stop-gap, not a solution. We need an upgrade and insurance at RDE. Nothing would make me happier than for Kikaha to explode this season, but I don't think we gamble on him returning to form or staying healthy even if he does.

1st rounder on a DE/edge and the next 2 rounds on LB's isn't a bad idea. Even if we bring in a guy or two in FA.

I can agree with this depending on the value. With Marshon Lattimore declaring it makes it even more interesting at 11. If there is a run on edge rushers BPA might be a DB like Hooker, Wilson, or Lattimore or non pass rushing LB like Foster. Lattimore is very impressive and while Im wary of taking a CB early this defense needs playmakers at every level. If they find a guy that has all pro potential at any defensive position outside of maybe DT Saints have to pull the trigger. Lattimore has the highest ceiling in the CB class imo and unlike Wilson excels in both man and zone equally. Lattimore's only issue is durability but he played the entire season this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom