T.O. and Lee Evans (1 Viewer)

A killer for who, your damn fantasy team?

He hasn't been at all in real life. We've had no other receiver opposite Lee, or a tight end for that matter, that can command attention until now. For the last 5 seasons, teams double and tripple team Lee, as he's our only threat, and let everyone else try to beat them. All the numbers Lee has put up in his career are with double coverage. Even when we can't get him the ball, he's opened up things for everyone else.

Sorry about your fantasy team, but please... live in the real world.

This.

My question with Evans is can Edwards actually get him the ball deep? It seems he's not very good on deep balls.

Stafford and Kolb were playing from behind the whole game. (aka garbage yards) The only player I'm worried about in pass coverage is Harper, who gave up that TD to Desean Jackson.

He hasn't been at all in real life. We've had no other receiver opposite Lee, or a tight end for that matter, that can command attention until now. For the last 5 seasons, teams double and tripple team Lee, as he's our only threat, and let everyone else try to beat them. All the numbers Lee has put up in his career are with double coverage. Even when we can't get him the ball, he's opened up things for everyone else.

This is true. I've watched a bit of the Bills over the last couple of years for various reasons, and this weekend will be an interesting matchup for the Saints defense.

I think that the keys for our defense will be how Ellis, Vilma, and Harper play. If we can control the middle of the field by putting pressure on Edwards by collapsing the pocket, stopping the running game, and neutralizing the TE's impact and crossing routes, then we will force a lot of 3 and outs. People place way too much emphasis on the DEs because of highlight shows and other nonsense. If we can control the middle, the sacks and TFLs for the DEs will come.

For Buffalo, I think that a key will be to string together drives of several plays, while altering their tempo during those drives to keep our defense off balance (mix in the no huddle and huddling, running no huddle, but taking your time at the LOS, etc) and on the field for as long as possible. I don't think that Buffalo's defense matches up with the Saints offense well at all, so this is a going to be key, IMO.

i think what they do is match Greer up with T.O., (last year greer shut the man down), and match porter up with evans and have sharper on top just incase.

So where does it come in that he has NEVER been stopped in man coverage?

So where does it come in that he has NEVER been stopped in man coverage?

C'mon - you don't have to nitpick, he's just saying Evans is one of the tougher WRs to contain 1 on 1.

The last time I remember him being single covered was against Houston 2 years ago. He had 200 yards in the 1st quarter.

I am worried about bell ... if we have bell in that game, ITS IMPOSSIBLE to stop brees, because we will have a running game

reggie bush and pierre thomas are not considered a running game really... I am bell all the way

C'mon - you don't have to nitpick, he's just saying Evans is one of the tougher WRs to contain 1 on 1.

The last time I remember him being single covered was against Houston 2 years ago. He had 200 yards in the 1st quarter.

Okay, that is acceptable. We have a Devery Henderson on the other side of the ball who is exactly that as well.

So, Saints just need to line Greer up on TO, Porter on Evans with Sharper & Co. filling gaps and helping over the top...

:mwink:

Okay, that is acceptable. We have a Devery Henderson on the other side of the ball who is exactly that as well.

So, Saints just need to line Greer up on TO, Porter on Evans with Sharper & Co. filling gaps and helping over the top...

:mwink:

Greer cannot cover T.O. 1-on-1. The Bills had double coverage the entire game on T.O. when Greer faced Owens in '07. Dual safety help on both WRs - opens the field for Fred Jackson. I've seen it twice already.

Stop using words like "never" and "all", especially when they are contradictory to each other.

Greer cannot cover T.O. 1-on-1. The Bills had double coverage the entire game on T.O. when Greer faced Owens in '07. Dual safety help on both WRs - opens the field for Fred Jackson. I've seen it twice already.

One wonders why this unstoppable duo only has 9 catches between them in 2 games and the Bills are 1 and 1....:shrug:

You guys are focusing on the wrong side of the ball. I don't care if T.O. is rocky in cleats, you aren't outscoring us. You probably won't even get close. Your pass defense will be the key this game. Not Jacksons ability to run the ball. We saw the Dolphins try to play ball control on Monday Night. It doesn't work against teams like us.

Well, I'm looking for film now, was in Iraq when Romo threw those 5 interception Monday Night against y'all (and still won). But, don't see much on T.O. or what Greer did during the game. One could easily be in the "Greer shut him down" crowd with that outcome, unless you are in the "Romo suks" crowd. Must of us here are in both.

Post what film you have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom