T.O. and Lee Evans (1 Viewer)

Porter can run with Evans and Greer's already shown his mettle against TO.

They just need to do their job.

Why do people around here continue to assume that because Porter ran a 4.3 40 that it means he can stay with Lee? Pretty unsubstantiated. You're in for a surprise on Sunday if that's all you're basing that on.

Why do people around here continue to assume that because Porter ran a 4.3 40 that it means he can stay with Lee? Pretty unsubstantiated. You're in for a surprise on Sunday if that's all you're basing that on.

Please elaborate. I have seen some of the things Lee Evans can do and agree that he can change a game, if we are not prepared. But, do you think Porter is speed only, with no cover skills? If so, you may be surprised.

When Stafford threw that long pass to CJ it was right after Porter got injured and Jenkins was covering him, he picked on the rookie.

Kolb's biggest play for the first half was that one to Jackson when Harper bit on the lower route and Sharper thought he had help so he passed Jackson over to Harper but Harper wasn't there. Other than that most of it was garbage yardage when we were playing prevent defense, so it was mostly the underneath stuff.

Way to many people are putting credence into these early season yardage stats.

Please elaborate. I have seen some of the things Lee Evans can do and agree that he can change a game, if we are not prepared. But, do you think Porter is speed only, with no cover skills? If so, you may be surprised.

There hasn't been a CB in the NFL in all of Lee's NFL tenure that has been able to cover him 1-on-1 without safety help. I think it's pretty ridiculous to say that a 2nd year player coming off an injury has better skills than anyone in the league over the last 5 years.

It's not about speed, it's about covering skills, and Tracy Porter has been capable so far to cover speedy receivers in man coverage. I am sure he will get safety help with Sharper in deep routes, and Sharper already have 3 interceptions this season.

He may get burn once in a while but for most of the time he is doing a very capable job.

West_Nile commented that we will be fine if we win the turnover battle. I will say that it is the big play + turnover what really counts. I mean, a deep pass or a good return won't count as a turnover, but can defy a game.

For that matter, we have to be really careful with McKelvin at the return game.

Kolb threw for almost 400 yards by going against prevent defense...

No player or team is ever due for anything.

Exactly. The Bush TD put us up 41-20 with just under 10 minutes to go - game over. Kolb threw for 159 yards after that point.

There hasn't been a CB in the NFL in all of Lee's NFL tenure that has been able to cover him 1-on-1 without safety help. I think it's pretty ridiculous to say that a 2nd year player coming off an injury has better skills than anyone in the league over the last 5 years.

Yeah, because a 2nd-year player has never been better than everyone in the league (Adrian Peterson).

I'm not saying Porter is that good, but to dismiss it without actually watching is not very smart.

Lee has never been stopped one time in man coverage? That's amazing!

Who said that Porter has better skills? All I read was that he should be able to hang with him speed wise.

Hey bills fans I'm sorry but please tell me when the last time Lee Evans had a "big day". Lee Evans is the Roy Williams of the AFC. He's been a fantasy killer and has never lived up to the "billing" so to speak.

Tracy Porter can keep Lee Evans out of the mix especially underneath.

If the Saints eliminate Jackson it will be a long day for Bills fans.

Hey bills fans I'm sorry but please tell me when the last time Lee Evans had a "big day". Lee Evans is the Roy Williams of the AFC. He's been a fantasy killer and has never lived up to the "billing" so to speak.

Tracy Porter can keep Lee Evans out of the mix especially underneath.

If the Saints eliminate Jackson it will be a long day for Bills fans.

A killer for who, your damn fantasy team?

He hasn't been at all in real life. We've had no other receiver opposite Lee, or a tight end for that matter, that can command attention until now. For the last 5 seasons, teams double and tripple team Lee, as he's our only threat, and let everyone else try to beat them. All the numbers Lee has put up in his career are with double coverage. Even when we can't get him the ball, he's opened up things for everyone else.

Sorry about your fantasy team, but please... live in the real world.

WOW! I didn't realize he was that good. :spit:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom