T&P (1 Viewer)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/authorities-multiple-injuries-shooting-california-081908764.html

"The massacre was the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since 17 classmates and teachers were gunned down at a Parkland, Florida school nine months ago. It also came less than two weeks after a gunman killed 11 people at a synagogue in Pittsburgh."

This is the worst mass shooting since....earlier this year...or two weeks ago. Our country has become a joke. There's NO concern for keeping its citizens safe. None. We could have a mass shooting every day and half the population would only care if it happened at their child's school.
Now's not the time to discuss this kind of stuff -- the country needs to focus on the real threats to our safety, such as the caravan of brown skinned invaders set to arrive any day, week, month, maybe next year...and Jim Acosta.

honest question, what will outrage help here? I mean, I can get as outraged as the next guy if I see where it will help.

It shows where our priorities are, what concerns our leaders. We had local government officials rushing into action in response to a flag protest against police brutality. The same local government officials haven't said anything about gun violence in mass shootings. We saw bans on Nike apparel and sternly worded letters from them because of an ad series. You won't get that over the violent loss of life in the U.S.

Outrage may or may not be helpful, but it would be much better than the silence we have now and more encouraging if it was the result of a real issue facing our country instead of a damn commercial.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this thread was about the shooting, so I started one on the actual shooting.

honest question, what will outrage help here? I mean, I can get as outraged as the next guy if I see where it will help.

Outrage is supposed to stir change. There was a lot of outrage when these mass shooting started happening regularly up until Parkland last year. A lot of desire for change after that shooting, but our elected officials in control of government that could have effected change, stuck their fingers in their ears and have done absolutely nothing. When people voted this time around in the midterms, enough voters did not hold them responsible for their inaction and reelected many of them.

It seems the response to these shootings since Parkland has been non-existent. If voters aren't going to hold their elected officials responsible and elected officials are going to continue to do nothing, it seems the only response that people have is to put it out of sight and out of mind and act like it's not happening. If half the country would engage on this issue, then maybe something can be done, but it seems that part of the electorate is continent with allowing these mass shootings to keep happening until it catches up with them or their families.

Last edited:
Give up hope...if nothing changed after Sandy Hook, then absolutely nothing is going to ever change. It just doesn't get any worse than 20 kindergartners and first graders getting gunned down in school. That was the low point in terms of innaction.

If T&P was going to work, it would have worked already. It's time to look for another solution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom