Taboo on FX - anyone catch episode 1?? (1 Viewer)

my bet its the dead father's kid and Hardy is covering up to protect his sister.

Agreed. I caught the show and FX let a bunch of "F" bombs go and some mild nudity. Is this the same version as the BBC?

(BTW, I dig the avatar you got there Papa. Great band!)

Don't know. Only watched the BBC version. Didn't think they'd let some of that stuff go on FX.

So just watched episode 2 and do have a question, the actor playing the king of england is he the same actor who plays Mycroft Holmes on Sherlock?

So just watched episode 2 and do have a question, the actor playing the king of england is he the same actor who plays Mycroft Holmes on Sherlock?

He is listed as "Prince Regent" in Taboo. So yes, he is in it but not sure if that is the king or not.

He is listed as "Prince Regent" in Taboo. So yes, he is in it but not sure if that is the king or not.

Thanks i thought that was him, i wasnt sure if he was the king or not just assumed so since the aide was showing him naval war plans and called him his highness.

So I just finished up episode three and while this show is intriguing, holy smokes, FX is carte blanche on this show.

So the F bombs are now the norm on the show but last night had a few F bombs, couple of other words but the monster was dropped in this one: See you next Tuesday. I am not a prude by any stretch either. I just hope that the show doesn't get lost in their (perceived) desire to constantly push the censorship boundaries.

With that however, the show is getting better and better and more character developments are coming to light. And Tom Hardy is just phenomenal is everything he does. Bronson, Bane, The Krays. Forget it, the guy just dives into his roles head first and makes you believe the character.

I have been seeing the previews for this show for a while and I can't figure out what the show is even about. I just never had the time to look it. Is it based off a comic book/novel?

I have been seeing the previews for this show for a while and I can't figure out what the show is even about. I just never had the time to look it. Is it based off a comic book/novel?

According to wiki:
"It is created by Steven Knight, Tom Hardy and his father, Edward "Chips" Hardy and based on a story written by Tom. "

It's been great so far. Having some troubles following conversations between Tom and the dude who was Al Capone on Boardwalk Empire, but I get the jest.

I started watching with closed captioning on. Makes a world of difference in following what's going on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom