Taco Charlton (1 Viewer)

Of the projected 2017 Draft Prospects at DE who are considered pass rushers with 40 times of 4.7/40 or better, this is what we're looking at:
  • Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
  • Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  • Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
  • Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
  • Solomon Thomas, DE/OLB, Stanford
  • Demarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
  • Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah
  • Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
  • Deatrich Wise Jr., DE, Arkansas
  • Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
  • Lewis Neal, DE, LSU
  • Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State
  • Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
  • Chad Thomas, DE, Miami
  • Darius English, DE, South Carolina
  • Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn
  • Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
  • Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Somewhere in that list is a starter for the Saints opposite Cam Jordan that is better than what is currently on the Saints roster.

I personally wouldn't mind picking up Hall, Smoot, and Walker and then let them battle it out. The best one keeps the job the other two can go.

Takk McKinley is the second best edge pass rusher in this class that nobody knows about. The guy runs a 10.5 100 meter.
I agree. I only caught 2 games, but he was visible in both. I do think he's a better fit in a 3-4 scheme like Tim Williams. Unless the Saints load up on LBers, that's not happening.

Takk McKinley is the second best edge pass rusher in this class that nobody knows about. The guy runs a 10.5 100 meter.

Nobody knows about? He's fantastic - but he's no secret. People in China are talking about this guy.

He's really, really good.

Ran a 10.58 100 meter his Sr year of HS at the state prelim track meet when he was 230lbs. He doesn't currently run that, as he's now 30 lbs heavier and has said so himself to have since lost some speed.

Still though, he is definitely going to smoke a lot of his competition at the combine.

Absolutely not. Us drafting him would completely screw up the "taco option" on any pole that gets posted here.

This is a good draft to either
A: Target a player
B: Select two

2016 draft we did B via Rankins/Onyemata and hit on both. We also wanted depth and a better rotation. We literally remadethe interior of the D with 3 picks and a FA signing in 2 years. Davison,Rankins,Onyemata,Fairley are your guys.

Yet you don't need a 4 man rotation at DE and there are all types of passrushers in this draft. Trust your scouts and Bill Johnson to find the right fit and nab him with your first pick.

Honestly Takarris McKinney /Charles Harris are the types of guys they work well with. McKinney reminds me in potential/Raw ability of Ansah when he came out of BYU. Harris reminds me of Galette but Takkaris explosiveness and natural ability has to be enticing because all they have to do is put some tools in his tool box and he'll take off.

Once you get past Myles Garrett/Allen it's all 2nd tier guys with weaknesses and strengths but not real complete game/body type guys. So I think at that point it's fit and what you expect from them.

Why no to Harris?

I get the "no" to Lawson. But what's wrong with Harris? Is it the program, i.e. the next Michael Sam?

I watched Harris' film - and he looks good to me.

Harris disappears in games because his arms are short.

Man talking about double dipping reminds me of Cooks' draft, and how we should have double dipped at wr but instead whiffed on every pick besides Cooks. We could have drafted nothing but wide receivers and been better off than what we did. Thankfully the position is secure now, and I hope we learned our lesson. This really is a draft where if we can't come away with a few top notch rushers, we have no business calling ourselves a pro sports team. It really is that obvious a need, and the prospects are so obviously there for the taking.

Man talking about double dipping reminds me of Cooks' draft, and how we should have double dipped at wr but instead whiffed on every pick besides Cooks. We could have drafted nothing but wide receivers and been better off than what we did. Thankfully the position is secure now, and I hope we learned our lesson. This really is a draft where if we can't come away with a few top notch rushers, we have no business calling ourselves a pro sports team. It really is that obvious a need, and the prospects are so obviously there for the taking.

That's a really good comparison. Don't know if over ever see this much pass rushing talent in a draft.

This is why you draft BPA. You might not have the position you need, but you have a good player. A good player can turn into the player you need. A bad pick is just a hole on the roster.

NO, slow off the line, I do like his size and length, but they say he isn't the brightest bulb also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom