Take a deep breath...No reason to freak out regardless of what your outlook is (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Like many of us said pre-game, this was not a game we were gonna win. It's the type of team that always gives us trouble.

So if you were optimistic last week, there's no reason not to be after this game. If you had given up on the season, then nothing has changed.

Next week is the must win. The goal has always been to get back to .500 by week 9. We hopefully get several key players back. Wasting energy freaking out this week is pointless.

Turnovers and penalties killed us, it was winnable. Which is better than I thought going in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Turnovers and penalties killed us, it was winnable. Which is better than I thought going in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is how close games are lost though. We don't actually have a bad team top to bottom, even with our injuries.

Minor mistakes. Wrong times for turnovers. Stupid penalties.

The Chiefs did the same thing. If they lost, their fans would be furious at their TE #84 or Tamba Hali being offsides for no reason. And probably blaming the refs for not calling Michael Thomas for the push off.

Like many of us said pre-game, this was not a game we were gonna win. It's the type of team that always gives us trouble.

So if you were optimistic last week, there's no reason not to be after this game. If you had given up on the season, then nothing has changed.

Next week is the must win. The goal has always been to get back to .500 by week 9. We hopefully get several key players back. Wasting energy freaking out this week is pointless.

I get that you're trying to calm everyone down but we had them. This was a very winnable game and we could have just as easily won. The play by Fairley killed us. The INT hurt, the fumble hurt. To say this is a game that we weren't gonna win is silly and pessimistic.

Just watching each week and hoping to see improvement. We win great. We lose its not unexpected.

I felt like this game would be close and it was despite a lot of bad hings happening negatively for us.

Just imagine if just had the 16th ranked defense? we might actually only have 1 loss right now.

Unfortunately, this was a winnable game. That's the problem. I'm done with the NFL as we get called if we breath on a receiver, but a defender goes through a receiver early and we don't get the call...why because it fits the narrative.

I'd freak out less if we had been blown out.

BTW, I've followed your posts, what was the spread on this game?

I get that you're trying to calm everyone down but we had them. This was a very winnable game and we could have just as easily won. The play by Fairley killed us. The INT hurt, the fumble hurt. To say this is a game that we weren't gonna win is silly and pessimistic.

I'm not trying to calm people down really. If people want to freak, I can't stop them.

I'm pointing out that this game didn't really change anything. This was always circled as a loss by most people.

Now we have to go home and win a few games, crawl to .500 by week 9, and see what happens. The outlook hasn't really changed.

The season is over, but that's ok, we are rebuilding. This year is the time for all these young guys to grow, and they are.

Next year we will be a playoff team again, but the work for that is being put in today.

That said, I have said it before, and I will say it again. This team is 8-8 or 9-7 at best.

Unfortunately, this was a winnable game. That's the problem. I'm done with the NFL as we get called if we breath on a receiver, but a defender goes through a receiver early and we don't get the call...why because it fits the narrative.

I'd freak out less if we had been blown out.

BTW, I've followed your posts, what was the spread on this game?

KC -6.5

Saints covered. I was gonna play KC but laid off after the betting shifted the last two days.

The season is over. We are headed for a 10 loss season.

You should be okay with that. 6-10 gives us, what, bottom of top 10 or so in the draft?

And the way we've done recently, that would be a considerable talent for the taking. Assuming they don't break a bone in training camp again. :scratch:

This was a tough road game against a team that doesn't lose at home. We had a bunch of self-inflicted errors but looked good in many areas. Parker's punch on Ingram was the play of the game - but we could have easily overcome all of that and won.

Road loss out of conference isn't that big of a deal. Keep diggin' Saints. We can turn this corner.

We hopefully get several key players back. Wasting energy freaking out this week is pointless.

While I appreciate the optimism, let us despense the illusion that we will get some mass return of game-changing talent to thrust us into a season-changing winning streak.

The same guys who've been sitting out the past 7 weeks will be the same guys sitting out next week.

We play Seattle next Sunday. They are unlikely to give up 30+ points to us so our defense better borrow an A game from someone.

We all knew that KC was going to be really tough. It was. And we didn't respond. So very little is different about this team from week one.

A pick six and a fumble in the red zone in a six point loss. It's frustrating.
It will feel this way the rest of the season, sadly.

This was a tough road game against a team that doesn't lose at home. We had a bunch of self-inflicted errors but looked good in many areas. Parker's punch on Ingram was the play of the game - but we could have easily overcome all of that and won.

Road loss out of conference isn't that big of a deal. Keep diggin' Saints. We can turn this corner.

Agree 100%. I'm not giving up on this season. The young ones are learning, and hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes they made today. I thought the defense played well in the 2nd half. Holding them to 2 field goals was surprising. The 2nd was a very short field due to the onside kick too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom