Take this pole: What is the biggest problem for the Saints this year? (1 Viewer)

What is the biggest problem for the Saints this year?

• Total voters
When it comes to playcalling: it’s been obvious when Kamara is in the backfield it’s going to be a run because JW rarely checks down to him on a pass play (maybe twice all season)

I think the Saints are just waiting for fall to play football. Everyone thinksits still summer cause its 90 degrees all the time
The title of this thread was not missed, but I ain’t gettin’ banned. :hihi:

I voted solely for Carmichael. The buck starts and stops with the OC when the HC is a defensive guru.

Dennis Allen's defense has inarguably done their job through three quarters of the last two games, then in the fourth they're all gassed and the breakthroughs happen. The defense is NOT the issue. Yes more pressure on the QB would be nice, yes turnovers would be cool, but they've allowed what, three points through the first three quarters against tampa, and six points against cryolina through the first three? Nine points allowed in six quarters? At some point the offense has to pickup their half of the couch.

Complain about Winston, the OL, the fumbles... Carmichael is the guy entrusted to run the offense and hold them accountable. He's expected to make the tough decisions. He's expected to make good offensive plays. He's done none of that, so for me? I'd start with Carmichael and work my way down.

Winning in the NFL requires talent and youth. While experience is great, by the time most guys understand everything they need to know, they are past their prime and want a mint to play for you. The Saints are simply out of money. We spent it all on players who are approaching (or past) their prime. We have applied the idea for the last few years that we are just a player or two from taking us back to the promised land. All the while our older puzzle pieces haven’t improved to the level we need from them. Now we have a locker room full of ineffective players with the bill collectors knocking on our door.

We’re going to be forced to rebuild soon even if that wasn’t the plan. I don’t think that we can rebuild from within. That ship has sailed.

It has been real bad. We telegraph everything.

Don't let that 2012 offense fool you, that offense was bad. It was filled with garbage time yards, as we had a losing season (7-9). Drew threw 19 interceptions (2nd most of his career) and had his least accurate season ever as a Saint (63%). That season we telegraphed our playcalling equally as bad based on personel to the point where it was reported that we were passing 90%+ of the time when Darren Sproles was on the field, putting us in awful situations on early downs because we were tipping pass. Pete isn't the guy you think he is. If you think the playcalling hasn't been bad, you haven't been paying attention to the games, and you're just determined to put this sinking ship solely on the QB.

These excuses are going to get harder and harder to justify the more he plays... I'm not looking to place blame on this sinking ship solely on the QB (it's certainly not all his fault, but he's a large part of it, and has the most opportunities to remedy it) ... I admittedly was never a believer in JW... But I was always hopeful he'd prove my doubts about him to be unfounded... Thus far, he looks just as I thought he would... He's the same guy that got booted out of TB for being an inconsistent bad decision maker... We have proven coaches, We have All Pro talent at nearly every position level of the Offense and Defense... I have no idea what the playcalling has been or not been, because we have not seen this QB consistently be able to run the plays for more than 3 at a time (without going 3 and out) for the most part. And there are many posters here that are determined to deflect any blame from JW for this offense being horrid, simply due to the amount of post equity they have invested in prop'n him up for 2 years...

I have been paying attention just fine... We are not going to scrap the playbook or coaches at this point... We aren't going to replace entire position groups...

There is one realistic thing we can change in an attempt to right the ship on offense... and that's at the QB position. It may be the thing that saves the season, or it might a lateral move, or it might be a disaster... but if we don't see a complete 180 out of JW in London, and consistency thereafter... It's all we got.

Last edited:
I have concerns, but watching other Teams throughout the beginning of the season made me realize a lot of Teams are trying to get in sync as well and this is not a Saints issue as much as it is Teams searching for a rhythm especially on their respective offenses.
9F9049B7-F325-42F8-90F1-A7427CEA8B6C.jpeg

Agree. Here is your bottom 10 in “Points For” if you exclude DAL and NYG since they have yet to play. Those teams are averaging 17 or less points per game. The list includes TB, GB, NO, and DEN which I thought would be in the top half for PF at the start of the year.

These excuses are going to get harder and harder to justify the more he plays... I'm not looking to place blame on this sinking ship solely on the QB (it's certainly not all his fault, but he's a large part of it, and has the most opportunities to remedy it) ... I admittedly was never a believer in JW... But I was always hopeful he'd prove my doubts about to be unfounded... Thus far, he looks just as I thought he would... He's the same guy that got booted out of TB for being an inconsistent bad decision maker... We have proven coaches, We have All Pro talent at nearly every position level of the Offense and Defense... I have no idea what the playcalling has been or not been, because we have not seen this QB consistently be able to run the plays for more than 3 at a time (without going 3 and out) for the most part. And there are many posters here that are determined to deflect any blame from JW for this offense being horrid, simply due to the amount of post equity they have invested in prop'n him up for 2 years...

I have been paying attention just fine... We are not going to scrap the playbook or coaches at this point... We aren't going to replace entire position groups...

There is one realistic thing we can change in an attempt to right the ship on offense... and that's at the QB position. It may be the thing that saves the season, or it might a lateral move, or it might be a disaster... but if we don't see a complete 180 out of JW in London, and consistency thereafter... It's all we got.

How do you not know what the playcalling has been or not? Have you not seen every single 2nd down run get snuffed out on a regular basis? I'm not saying Jameis is without blame because he hasn't played well, but the playcalling has done very little to help him. Calling Pete a proven OC at this point is wildly premature. That wasn't his real role for his tenure here. The offense has always been Sean's, just like as the HC now the defense is DA's. You claimed that Pete did a great job in 2012, which I put to bed with real numbers backing why he was bad.

I don't understand the point in being close minded and suggesting the only real move is a QB change. I'm definitely open to a QB change if it continues like this, but I also think other options should be considered. You act as if coordinator firing mid-season is unheard of. It happens, with good reason. And if the playcalling stays like this, Pete SHOULD be fired. He has done a terrible job calling games.

I have concerns, but watching other Teams throughout the beginning of the season made me realize a lot of Teams are trying to get in sync as well and this is not a Saints issue as much as it is Teams searching for a rhythm especially on their respective offenses.

I agree with you as far as watching other teams. There are no teams right now that look like world beaters. What it comes down to for me is how much confidence do I have in this coaching staff to get things right. Right now I don't have a whole lot of confidence until they show me something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom