Take this pole: What is the biggest problem for the Saints this year? (1 Viewer)

What is the biggest problem for the Saints this year?

• Total voters
How in the world can replacing the Coaching (or anyone on the staff) at this point in the season... going to help the QB or anything on offense? We aren't changing schemes or overall personnel at this point... we can't just scrap a whole offseason of work, planning, and playbook building... there is only one move that can realistically be made at this point... It may save the season, it may stay the same, or it may get worse... but there is only one move to make.
Taysom?

Maybe this is why Pete was hesitant t be OC. I know most people blame Jameis but this coaching staff has really regressed.
I said that in another post. That was always concerning. At first, I thought maybe it was bc we didn’t have viable options. He agreed to take the job, we added pieces, and now it’s the same ole story. Can’t win in this league being vanilla or timid.

What are your thoughts on why our Saints Suck?
we have many talented players but most are too fragile to stand up to the rigors of a 17 game schedule. this problem will only get worse as we move through the season. Our roster needs to get younger quickly over the next 2-3 years. Jenkins has been allowed to manage our offense without guidance from Sean and it has not gone well
Remember in 2017 we were poop at 0-2 and then went on a run in London and in the following weeks
drew brees, where is he?

How in the world can replacing the Coaching (or anyone on the staff) at this point in the season... going to help the QB or anything on offense? We aren't changing schemes or overall personnel at this point... we can't just scrap a whole offseason of work, planning, and playbook building... there is only one move that can realistically be made at this point... It may save the season, it may stay the same, or it may get worse... but there is only one move to make.

Completely disagree.

No... I have no idea if the playcalling has been bad... because I have no idea if the QB who is running the plays is capable of doing so at a high and consistent level.

On top of that, Pete called plays in 2012 when CSP was suspended, and we fielded a top 5 offense (3rd I think).... Allen has fielded some our best defenses over the past few seasons... They both have more skins on the wall than our QB... and are far less likely to be replaced, or be the source of the issues.

There is only one move to be made realistically.

That 2012 season we had the worst defense of all time and played from behind ALL the time.

Basically stat padding. That was our worst team of the last 15 years(until now)

There are quite a few reasons we haven't been playing up to expectations. 1- Pete Carmichael has been too vanilla in his play calling. He definitely needs too mix it up a lot more to keep defenses guessing and off balance. 2- Winston is playing hurt and in pain, which is altering his passing motion and causing his inaccuracy on some passes. Maybe let him sit out a few games to heal up and get his head cleared up. 3- The O-Line has been very inconsistent and undisciplined, too many drive killing penalties. They need to gel quickly and quit making so many mental mistakes and win their battles at the line of scrimmage. This wasn't on the list but the D-Line is missing the big run plugger that can also push the pocket. When we had that, we could effectively rush the passer with just the 4 down linemen. We just can't get there anymore. I can't believe all these defensive coaches can't see this. We need more disguised blitzes to get to the QB on 3rd downs. It's almost always Demario Davis every time that blitzes. Don't you think the opposing team sees this too and they are prepared for it? I noticed our run defense is not as stout as it once was either. We still have a very good defense but it is starting to deteriorate a little.

It has been real bad. We telegraph everything.

Don't let that 2012 offense fool you, that offense was bad. It was filled with garbage time yards, as we had a losing season (7-9). Drew threw 19 interceptions (2nd most of his career) and had his least accurate season ever as a Saint (63%). That season we telegraphed our playcalling equally as bad based on personel to the point where it was reported that we were passing 90%+ of the time when Darren Sproles was on the field, putting us in awful situations on early downs because we were tipping pass. Pete isn't the guy you think he is. If you think the playcalling hasn't been bad, you haven't been paying attention to the games, and you're just determined to put this sinking ship solely on the QB.
Pete was also calling the plays in 2011.

Pete was also calling the plays in 2011.

He called them for half of the season, if I recall correctly. But Sean was in the building and in his ear. There was no Sean in 2012 to hold his hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom