Takeo Spikes (1 Viewer)

Sorry, Bro, but no he didn't. He was not a playmaker and that's why he was released by the Eagles.

Eagles have other lbs already groomed to take his place not costing 5 mil/year. We have 0 linebackers. All we did this off season was bring in 2 guys coming off injuries with one of them having never played a full season. If Morgan does go down like we all anticipate, I will not like the situation of Simoneux or Shanle starting in his place.

He did pretty well for the eagles. T Spikes @80% > our starting lbs last year. If we bring him in with an incentive laden contract, I'm all for it.

Eagles have other lbs already groomed to take his place not costing 5 mil/year. We have 0 linebackers. All we did this off season was bring in 2 guys coming off injuries with one of them having never played a full season. If Morgan does go down like we all anticipate, I will not like the situation of Simoneux or Shanle starting in his place.

He did pretty well for the eagles. T Spikes @80% > our starting lbs last year. If we bring him in with an incentive laden contract, I'm all for it.

86 total tackles isn't exactly dominant for a lb.
didnt' the incumbent get that amount?

If you throw enough crap on the wall some of it will stick. Morgan and Spikes have their problems, but you'd have to think at least one of them would stay healthy and beat out Shanle.

Agreed. Sometimes homerism clouds the evaluation of our own talent. Sometimes you just have to call the baby ugly.

oops, my bad, shanle did miss 2 games as well.. but his total tackes = 68, where take had just barely under that solo..... yipes. That being said. takeo would make a mighty nice backup instead of shanle/simoneau, crossing fingers morgan's basket doesn't crumble apart.

He is no longer a playmaker but a lot like guys like Trddy Bruschi, Junior Seau, Rosevelt Colvin if healthy can help a team. IMHO if we sign him either him or Morgan will not make the final roster. If we kept both and sim (who I think makes the team due to versitility) we would have no room for a special teams guy or young player that we need.

This would be another great pickup. Takeo is getting older, but he is still a very good starter. Not the beast he once was, but close to it.

86 total tackles isn't exactly dominant for a lb.
didnt' the incumbent get that amount?

well what else are you gonna get at this time for under 8 million a year that's even available? you cant sign all the 160 plus tackle guys. those stats are better than shanle and simineau's and just as good as fujita. and we see all the praise people around here give him. and didnt spikes miss 2 or 3 games? add another 15 to his toal and he's at 100. thats above average...

if i'm the Saints medical trainer I demand a raise right now.

Now THAT is funny!

I wouldn't mind bringing the guy into TC. WHat could it possibly hurt? There are 31 teams out there looking for the right formula, and we're not the only one's that can't figure it out every year. BTW, where IS training camp this year?

Now THAT is funny!

I wouldn't mind bringing the guy into TC. WHat could it possibly hurt? There are 31 teams out there looking for the right formula, and we're not the only one's that can't figure it out every year. BTW, where IS training camp this year?

milsaps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom