Taking a new job, plenty of PTO left (1 Viewer)

You earned that time through service. It isn't the company's. Keep that in mind. So either use it if you can't get paid, or if you can get paid for it and want money instead, then get paid. Do not just throw it away.

@Mr. Blue Sky

I believe that the list of “ineligible for rehire” is fairly well defined by the Department of Labor and not up to the whim of the HR Director.

I believe that “ineligible for rehire”includes - “for cause” events (drug use, fighting, egregious safety violation, harassment, etc), No Shows and some other pretty obvious offenses.

But just being fired and the fact that the company has no intention of ever hiring you again doesn’t mean you are “ineligible.”

This is why it is why anyone I know that hires people (including myself) aren’t going to move forward with someone who isn’t eligible for rehire. They did something…. Not great.

I agree with you re: opinions. I would never give a you know what even if the company rep did say something. I don’t know them from a can of paint; why would I take their opinion into consideration.

@Mr. Blue Sky

I believe that the list of “ineligible for rehire” is fairly well defined by the Department of Labor and not up to the whim of the HR Director.

I believe that “ineligible for rehire”includes - “for cause” events (drug use, fighting, egregious safety violation, harassment, etc), No Shows and some other pretty obvious offenses.

But just being fired and the fact that the company has no intention of ever hiring you again doesn’t mean you are “ineligible.”

This is why it is why anyone I know that hires people (including myself) aren’t going to move forward with someone who isn’t eligible for rehire. They did something…. Not great.

I agree with you re: opinions. I would never give a you know what even if the company rep did say something. I don’t know them from a can of paint; why would I take their opinion into consideration.

Interesting.. so Today I Learned[tm] that former employers dont tag you as ‘Ineligible for Rehire’ due to things like missing your sales quota for a couple of quarters in a row.. or just generally not being a great fit with the company.. i always thought the opposite, that you had to be really well-thought of and get along great with your manager, just to be ‘Eligible for Rehire’…. Very interesting, indeed.

Just a heads up:

Today was my last day at WF, I will start with JPM on 9/9. The folks here on my team were great, and completely understood why I made the move (work life balance, pay, little underwriting). Great folks, and shouldn’t be looked at in the same light as the rest of the broader bank.

The background check with JPM took longer than expected (I assume they were checking to make sure that my hate for the Falcons wasn’t criminal). I need to get my SIE, S7 and S66 out of the way, but I can’t complain. Will work across the LA/TX/MS areas.

Just a heads up:

Today was my last day at WF, I will start with JPM on 9/9. The folks here on my team were great, and completely understood why I made the move (work life balance, pay, little underwriting). Great folks, and shouldn’t be looked at in the same light as the rest of the broader bank.

The background check with JPM took longer than expected (I assume they were checking to make sure that my hate for the Falcons wasn’t criminal). I need to get my SIE, S7 and S66 out of the way, but I can’t complain. Will work across the LA/TX/MS areas.

Enjoy your break.

Just a heads up:

You left WF? Good for you. They're a terrible bank for lots of reasons. Lol.

I've worked in financial services before so I'm familiar with all that, heh. Good luck with the new job!

You left WF? Good for you. They're a terrible bank for lots of reasons. Lol.

I've worked in financial services before so I'm familiar with all that, heh. Good luck with the new job!
Thanks. This will be a bit of a change going from MMB to the PB, but it fits who I am. Now to get those tests out of the way.

Just a heads up:

See if you can help end the Fed from inside the banking system. You can do it!

My previous employer paid out the 45 days of PTO I had built up. It would have been a nice sum except for those darn taxes.

WF cut my access yesterday evening (completely understandable as I’m leaving for a competitor), and today at noon I received a call from WF’s Private bank telling me that they have been trying to reach me on my work phone, and work email to no avail, and they wanted me to come in and interview for a similar position to what I am being hired on as at JPM. The thing is, I applied for that job back in May. Another case of too little, too late. What a mess for those folks.

WF cut my access yesterday evening (completely understandable as I’m leaving for a competitor), and today at noon I received a call from WF’s Private bank telling me that they have been trying to reach me on my work phone, and work email to no avail, and they wanted me to come in and interview for a similar position to what I am being hired on as at JPM. The thing is, I applied for that job back in May. Another case of too little, too late. What a mess for those folks.
Yeah, not too surprising. I mean, I'm not a big JPM fan, but WF makes JPM look like All-Stars.

my company will pay out accrued vacation.
we get so many hours per month. even through they give it upfront in January, if you take it all by March, then quit, they will deduct what you haven't earned from your last paycheck.
we have 3 different levels of PTO.
Vacation (accrued per month)
Personal time (24 hours) if you haven't taken it before you leave, they won't pay out.
Floating Holiday (8 hours + 4 hours each quarter for prefect attendance) if you haven't taken it, you lose it.
if you are leaving on good terms, we will let you take Personal and Floating time before you go. if you quit without 2 week notice or get fired, you are out of luck with those 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom