• Total voters

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I leave Friday to go work a football camp in Italy and most likely won't get to see the game live this weekend (it's cool, I have gamepass... just have to shut off my phone for a while). Seeing as some of you have enjoyed my breakdowns, I thought I'd do a quick one tomorrow when I have a chance. I prefer not to do broad stroke material like "analyze the Saints strengths vs. the Rams" or any of the typical stuff you would see on TV or YouTube... would rather go in depth on something more technical. So I'll throw out a few topics and let you guys vote on them.

It's late here b/c of the time difference so I'll check the results when I wake up tomorrow.

If it's not to much to ask...... I would like to be invited, along with my wife to your football camp. Your dime of course. And we would like to see Santorini in Greece as well. Anyway that we can help in camp to offset your fees, please let me know.... willing to help in any way :)

Dan,

I thoroughly enjoy your analysis on just about any topic. I don't typically post anything because I'm too busy learning from your work to add anything of value.

My wife, my Dad, and I always look forward to them and discuss afterward. So, you see, you are contributing to a whole family here and we appreciate it. :)

Honestly I would rather see anything on defense. Seem like we were trying so many things but there were way too many breakdowns and big plays from them and I want to know why. It was frustrating to watch that defense allow a bunch of 3rd and long to be converted.

Last edited:
I voted for a Ramczyk review but, in rewatching the game on TV to focus on Ram & McCoy, it was Peat & Armstead that caught my eye in pass protection — and not in a good way. Could you offer a view on Peat in particular?

Ramczyk it is. I can get to more of the write in stuff throughout the season. And of course everyone from SR is welcome in Italy this weekend... Can't put it on my dime though!

Hi Dan, Saints fan from Italy here! Where the camp will be and what is it about?
I’m not a camp guy but I’m in contact with a bunch of people that could be interested if that’s a possibility!

Thanks Dan! Can't wait to review. Can you include what made Ram a great prospect and whether he could be a good candidate to move to LT in the future.

Dan, there's this quick slant route that MT runs from slot when the Saints are in a really close or bunch formation that Payton seems to really love on important downs. I cant figure out why because I dont ever recall this quick pass working effectively last year. Saints used it in both games against the Rams last year and I think the results were dire both times, a wasted down. In the NFCCG, we ran it late in the 4th when we really needed to run the clock down. The Rams were all over it. I almost feel like we're guaranteed to see it again Sunday because Payton wants to prove that he can make this quick pass work, but I just cant figure out why. It SEEMS like it's MT or bust and if it is ever completed MT appears certain to be tackled immediately. What am I missing here?

I know this isn't what you were asking but I've been curious about that play selection since I first saw it.

Dan, there's this quick slant route that MT runs from slot when the Saints are in a really close or bunch formation that Payton seems to really love on important downs. I cant figure out why because I dont ever recall this quick pass working effectively last year. Saints used it in both games against the Rams last year and I think the results were dire both times, a wasted down. In the NFCCG, we ran it late in the 4th when we really needed to run the clock down. The Rams were all over it. I almost feel like we're guaranteed to see it again Sunday because Payton wants to prove that he can make this quick pass work, but I just cant figure out why. It SEEMS like it's MT or bust and if it is ever completed MT appears certain to be tackled immediately. What am I missing here?

I know this isn't what you were asking but I've been curious about that play selection since I first saw it.

Without going back and looking at the film, I remember the play from the NFCCG. What it looked like to me was a presnap RPO (run pass option)... a called/designed run play where Brees is just tagging Thomas on an access route if he likes the look he sees. So without going back and analyzing that particular play, I think that was an adjustment by Brees rather than a play call from the sidelines.

Where in Italy? I’m up there every summer for vacation.

The camp is in Imola, right outside of Bologna so in the north. I travel to Italy multiple times a year, sometimes for football and other times just because I love Italy. We should link up sometime.

Hi Dan, Saints fan from Italy here! Where the camp will be and what is it about?
I’m not a camp guy but I’m in contact with a bunch of people that could be interested if that’s a possibility!

It's the "Beast Mode Camp" and is held every year in Imola. It is probably a little too late to sign up this weekend. I travel around and do a few different camps in the offseason (in Europe that means the fall). But I was the HC for a team in Italy in 2015 (Ancona Dolphins) and have deep roots with the football league there. From May-July this year I was traveling back and forth between Prague and Bolzano every week as I was hired to take over as the OC for the Bolzano Giants for the end of the season and the playoffs. Shot it out with Art Briles in the semi-finals since he was coaching in Florence. We ended up losing 42-39 unfortunately.

Love Italy! What part are you from?

Dan, I'll enjoy your breakdown, whichever area you end up covering, they are always the most insightful for me.

I'd be interested in some situational analysis of the defense on third down, front/coverage, disguise and techniques maybe.

Meanwhile, good to hear where you're coaching now. Last I remember it was South America. Italy is a good place, from what I understand, to coach. And my wife and I love Florence. Although Austria still sets the pace in Europe for football.

The camp is in Imola, right outside of Bologna so in the north. I travel to Italy multiple times a year, sometimes for football and other times just because I love Italy. We should link up sometime.

It's the "Beast Mode Camp" and is held every year in Imola. It is probably a little too late to sign up this weekend. I travel around and do a few different camps in the offseason (in Europe that means the fall). But I was the HC for a team in Italy in 2015 (Ancona Dolphins) and have deep roots with the football league there. From May-July this year I was traveling back and forth between Prague and Bolzano every week as I was hired to take over as the OC for the Bolzano Giants for the end of the season and the playoffs. Shot it out with Art Briles in the semi-finals since he was coaching in Florence. We ended up losing 42-39 unfortunately.

Love Italy! What part are you from?
Thanks for the details Dan! I gave a shout about it on an italian facebook group I’m in, seems like there are some last-minute open spots perhaps ?.

Me, I’m from Rome! ☀️☀️?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom