Talk of LB's and DT's Making Me Sick (1 Viewer)

For those of you screaming pass rush,

would yall be cool with Jason David and Craft/Young as our starting CBs next season?:(

What if we cant/wont sign a FA CB?

Why is everyone so interested in getting a LB right now. Shouldn't we be focusing on CB? It feels the same way it did last year around combine/draft. We all knew our weakest link was cb and everyone was shouting for us to draft a TE?
Same thing this year . . . it still hasn't been adressed and other teams will throw all over us AGAIN.

The SSF does not make the personnel decisions for the New Orleans Saints. "We" can "focus" on whatever we want, it has no relation to what the Saints choose to "focus" on. You have no idea whatsoever what the Saints are or will "focus" on.

Why is everyone so interested in getting a LB right now. Shouldn't we be focusing on CB? It feels the same way it did last year around combine/draft. We all knew our weakest link was cb and everyone was shouting for us to draft a TE?
Same thing this year . . . it still hasn't been adressed and other teams will throw all over us AGAIN.

When have you seen a CB make an immediate impact in year 1? Hardly ever happens. Maybe one a year makes a significant contribution as a starter in year one. LB's and D-linemen, have immediate impacts (though DT is a bit of a craps shoot). If we don't get a pass rush, then it doesn't matter if Champ Bailey is back there . . . we are going to get burned as long as the QB has all day to throw. Look at the Giants. Average DB's (Gibril Wilson is the only one you can make a case for as being pro-bowl caliber) but one hell of a pass rush.

well, quick passes beat good pass rush. patriots should have won that super bowl lets not act like the Giants owned them. It was a close game. One thing we are good at is stoping quick passes. Jason David is great under 20 yards. I am sure young or whoever can stop the underneath as well. We need LB's to stop screen passes. Watch willie parker and westbrook kill us for further view. We should go to cover 2 i don't knwo why we play man to man with a terrible pass rush.

just as long as we don't do something stupid and draft offense at #10 i will be happy. If we went O with our pick I might drive to N.O. and throw myself off the top of the dome as a sacrifice for all of our frustrations if were to do such a thing.

Our CB's did as bad as they did because the front 7 wasn't harassing the QB at all. If we get a DT that can collapse the pocket and a couple of LB's, then the CB's all of a sudden don't look nearly as bad as they have. Games are won in the trenches, which is why we NEED a DT and a couple of LB's. We WANT a couple of better CB's.

Exactly right... Do we new cb's? absolutely, but first we must get a much better interior line and lb's. Its all about rushing the passer, and messing up his rythm, i don't care who your corners are, if your allowing the qb time to cook a steak back there your going to get burned no matter what. Pressure first, corners later.

DaSaints post pretty much closed this thread down. I've been saying that about the 49ers and Clement for months. How good your corners are really doesn't matter if you don't have the pass rush to put them in a good position.

would yall be cool with Jason David and Craft/Young as our starting CBs next season?:(

Even if we draft a rookie CB at 10, they hardly ever play really well their first season. There's more of learning curve there. You draft CB for the 2nd or 3rd season of his career. More than likely the CB won't play better than David, Craft, or Young. You ask any QB who he is going to throw at and he'll say "the rookie".

Now if CB is the best pick left at 10, then take him, but don't pass up on a better DT, DE, or LB just b/c we have David. Every defensive position needs upgrade. Take the best Defensive player available.

When have you seen a CB make an immediate impact in year 1? Hardly ever happens. Maybe one a year makes a significant contribution as a starter in year one. LB's and D-linemen, have immediate impacts (though DT is a bit of a craps shoot). If we don't get a pass rush, then it doesn't matter if Champ Bailey is back there . . . we are going to get burned as long as the QB has all day to throw. Look at the Giants. Average DB's (Gibril Wilson is the only one you can make a case for as being pro-bowl caliber) but one hell of a pass rush.

I agree.

The last 2 DPOY were linebackers. Both playing inside as well.

Theres more then 1 round of the draft. You know that right?

But lets say its an either or thing. I'd much rather take an upgraded Front 7 that produces a pass rush then a high priced CB with no pass rush.

How many times can I ask this question........... ?

Sebastian, what CB do you think we should pick with the 10th overall selection? You give me one guy......

We'll have several chances to grab a CB but there is too many other needs on this team to blindly pick a CB because we NEED one. If there was a first round talent you'd hear more about them but as it sits there are none worth selecting at the Saints pick.

so lets take a step back and look at the BIG picture. DT, LB, S, CB.... etc. we could choose any of those. The real question is what happens when a stud DE is sitting there on the Saints are on the clock?

They will sign him...you see what happened when we had D. Howard and he was doing well for us....W. Smith...I was mad then but look at it now he is our best DE..plus look at Denver what would you give to have their CB but they were destroyed this year...

Last edited:

There are 7 rounds in the Draft....were all arguing over who to take at #10...and who is a potential for us to take in the 2nd round, LB, CB and DT are needs, but building up that front seven is more of a priority than finding a super star corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom