Talk of LB's and DT's Making Me Sick (1 Viewer)

Sebastian

Rookie
Reaction score
Why is everyone so interested in getting a LB right now. Shouldn't we be focusing on CB? It feels the same way it did last year around combine/draft. We all knew our weakest link was cb and everyone was shouting for us to draft a TE?
Same thing this year . . . it still hasn't been adressed and other teams will throw all over us AGAIN.

There will be substancial talent at CB when the 40th pick comes up.

We need an ILB right now big time.

it all starts upfront... you get a solid D-line and a solid LB corp you dont need significant talent at CB

We have many obvious needs, on defense.

I understand the OP though, we need 2 CBs really bad.

i completely agree with sebastian about the corners. first of all, its not like we have the worst pass rush in the nfl. however, it is clear that we cant cover anyone on the planet. i really wish we could obtain some decent secondary guys so im not on the verge of having a panic attack everytime any quarterback in the league, including kyle orton, drops back to pass.

Why is everyone so interested in getting a LB right now. Shouldn't we be focusing on CB? It feels the same way it did last year around combine/draft. We all knew our weakest link was cb and everyone was shouting for us to draft a TE?
Same thing this year . . . it still hasn't been adressed and other teams will throw all over us AGAIN.

Our CB's did as bad as they did because the front 7 wasn't harassing the QB at all. If we get a DT that can collapse the pocket and a couple of LB's, then the CB's all of a sudden don't look nearly as bad as they have. Games are won in the trenches, which is why we NEED a DT and a couple of LB's. We WANT a couple of better CB's.

i completely agree with sebastian about the corners. first of all, its not like we have the worst pass rush in the nfl. however, it is clear that we cant cover anyone on the planet. i really wish we could obtain some decent secondary guys so im not on the verge of having a panic attack everytime any quarterback in the league, including kyle orton, drops back to pass.

No, we probably did have the worst pass rush in the league last year. Our CB struggled and David had some terrible technique, but its still not going to matter if you give a QB 4-6 seconds to throw the ball.

Our CB's did as bad as they did because the front 7 wasn't harassing the QB at all. If we get a DT that can collapse the pocket and a couple of LB's, then the CB's all of a sudden don't look nearly as bad as they have. Games are won in the trenches, which is why we NEED a DT and a couple of LB's. We WANT a couple of better CB's.

I'm all for getting more pressure, but we cant cover anyone.

We NEED CBs, DTs, & MLB.

Is that you Jason David?:hihi:

I personally would be very pleased to get a top tier ILB at #10 or DL and the other at #40 and then address another CB later in the draft, simply because it all starts up front and up the middle and this years CB class is deep and a good one can be acquired later in the draft.

How many times can I ask this question........... ?

Sebastian, what CB do you think we should pick with the 10th overall selection? You give me one guy......

We'll have several chances to grab a CB but there is too many other needs on this team to blindly pick a CB because we NEED one. If there was a first round talent you'd hear more about them but as it sits there are none worth selecting at the Saints pick.

so lets take a step back and look at the BIG picture. DT, LB, S, CB.... etc. we could choose any of those. The real question is what happens when a stud DE is sitting there on the Saints are on the clock?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom