Talking points with our children regarding police (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think we can all agree, there are some things you can do to mitigate risk when dealing with police, regardless of skin color:

Support police reform - there is obviously a problem! Guns down!

Don't resist - you are only going to escalate. COMPLY!

Don't do PCP - we've seen two shootings involving PCP (the unarmed child in Chicago and the unarmed man in Tulsa). It's a disassociative drug (loss of reality). Don't do it because it will result in resisting. It will also cause traffic problems!

Too many of these incidents (actually all but one, by my estimation) have involved what police would call "resisting arrest". Just don't do it. It's not difficult.

Peace, and hopefully we teach our children and the police the correct way to behave.

Pardon my bluntness and this isn't directed at you, but this forum has become absolutely ******* unreadable with all of this crap.

Pardon my bluntness and this isn't directed at you, but this forum has become absolutely ******* unreadable with all of this crap.

Agreed! :) I think there should be a separate forum for all this garbage, but it'll never happen because feelings. I just thought, given the current state of the EE, I'd make a post with undeniable truths and see how many people downvote.

Thanks Sun Wu (great username btw).

Lol a forum just for Police Shootings. That would be pretty deplorable.

If you are fed up with threads about this, just imagine being a poor minority having to live through this stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OEvMc-K8XHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are fed up with threads about this, just imagine being a poor minority having to live through this stuff.

Statistically not much different than poor whites.

RazorSaint look at your own sig. Doesn't that describe what you're wanting people to do when the police show up? The LEO doesn't have to reason out the situation. And we dare not try to reason with them. Just do what they say: COMPLY!
So who are the fools?

RazorSaint look at your own sig. Doesn't that describe what you're wanting people to do when the police show up? The LEO doesn't have to reason out the situation. And we dare not try to reason with them. Just do what they say: COMPLY!
So who are the fools?

I can't stand the way cops are treating people, both black and white. I think it's a bit disingenuous that some black people act like they can't leave the house without being assaulted by the police. I'm sickened when I see police with guns drawn unnecessarily. It's not JUST a black vs police problem. It's a public vs police problem.

I had a few too many beer yesterday and started this thread as a tongue in cheek thread and I regret it, because it's something that is not to be taken lightly. What I don't like, is I feel white people are asked for their support, but not their voice, in this issue.

I'd give a hug and share a beer with every person on this board that feels they're a victim of police mistreatment, but I'm sorry, I refuse to accept that this is ONLY a black or POC issue. I think the stats illustrate my point.

edit: so this was the most benign post ever. Downvoter, speak your mind.

I can't stand the way cops are treating people, both black and white. I think it's a bit disingenuous that some black people act like they can't leave the house without being assaulted by the police. I'm sickened when I see police with guns drawn unnecessarily. It's not JUST a black vs police problem. It's a public vs police problem.

I had a few too many beer yesterday and started this thread as a tongue in cheek thread and I regret it, because it's something that is not to be taken lightly. What I don't like, is I feel white people are asked for their support, but not their voice, in this issue.

I'd give a hug and share a beer with every person on this board that feels they're a victim of police mistreatment, but I'm sorry, I refuse to accept that this is ONLY a black or POC issue. I think the stats illustrate my point.

edit: so this was the most benign post ever. Downvoter, speak your mind.

I'm not the downvoter, but this post was far from benign
but i'll go ahead and assume you're coming from honest intent
(but before i get into it too far - who is saying it's ONLY a POC problem?)

ok, i often use this Katrina analogy to illustrate various points
after Katrina, people who weren't directly involved tried to wrap their heads around the severity of the damage and people's response to the damage
Jim had 10ft of water in his house, Mary had 2 ft
from the outside people assumed that Jim had it 4x worse - i would explain to people, 'no, you have to understand, both people had the most water in their house that they've ever had - flood-wise, it's the worst thing that's ever happened to them"
HOWEVER
Mary (who has to pull up her carpets) doesn't get to go to Jim (who has to tear down his house) and talk like their damage is comparable

so yes, if the police harass/abuse you - it doesn't matter what color, ethnicity, heritage et al you are, it will suck royally
BUT
we know through ample documentation that starting in Kindergarten and going all the way through sentencing, that PoC of punished far more harshly then their white counterparts for the same behavior

so, no, White Mary does not get to act like police abuse for her and hers is remotely comparable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom