Tampa Bay Times: What it’s like for Bucs fans when the Saints come marching in (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Tampa Bay Times

TAMPA — Lewis Stephens Jr. was excited to bring a group of young men from his mentor group to their first Bucs game Sunday.

What he didn’t expect was so many fans in black and gold.

While it’s common for opposing fans to show up in force in Tampa Bay sports venues, Sunday’s crowd seemed especially stacked in favor of the New Orleans Saints.

"[Expletive], look at all that black and gold,” a Bucs fan shouted during the game.

Throughout the game Saints fans loudly chanted “Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints," every time the team scored or made a good play. The chant grew louder later in the game.

And the chants didn’t stop when time expired.

Saints fans yelled the “Who Dat” their entire trip exiting down the ramp and didn’t stop even once they made it to their cars.

“It’s annoying,” said Jackson Herr, 30, a Tampa native and Bucs season-pass holder. “The Saints fans hate me. I do that Who Dat chant every time we do something good.”

“It’s annoying,” said Jackson Herr, 30, a Tampa native and Bucs season-pass holder. “The Saints fans hate me. I do that Who Dat chant every time we do something good.”

Poor thing.

"An announced crowd of 54,333..."

Say what????

Most of them must have been wearing Invisibility Cloaks...

[NOTE: Per Wiki, " The stadium seats 65,618. "]

Lol. First of all I have trouble believing the stadium sits 65k. It was maybe 60% full yesterday. I think I'm being generous by saying that number. Anyway, nice stadium, and it's close to the airport, so you can get out quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom