Tampa game: Springboard or tight rope (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a very important game for us. I believe if we win then we make the playoffs. I think it becomes a game to give us the confidence we need to rest of the way in.

If we lose, I think we will struggle down the stretch and be fighting for a playoff spot against some tough teams.

Tampa Bay is a very important game for this team.

I would agree with you. This is one of those games that we are suppose to win. We cannot afford to lose this one with the schedule we have coming up

While losing 2 games is not the end of the world, it certainly isn't something to be taken lightly. We have lost to teams that are considered to be among the best in the league defensively, and both games were very winnable, but due to poor game planning and possible overconfidence last week we played our worst two games of the year. We have gotten into such a rut of throwing the short passes, the Ravens smothered us. As I said in a post prior to the game, I mentioned that they would clamp down on the short routes and do run blitzes to the QB and they killed us with that even though we proved we could connect on the deep ball. We have done that repetedly all season and should incorporate that more into our offense or you will see every team we play from here on do the same thing to us that the Ravens did. Also we need to help Fred Thomas out. This guy gives WAAAYYYY too much cushion to the recievers he covers and that killed us last week. We need to play him closer to the reciever and back him up with a safety and we need to blitz more cause our vaunted DE's can't seem to locate the opposing QB without mapquest directions. We have the talent to be much more versitile on offense and it's a shame that we haven't seen more of it to this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom