Tampa man missing - Bedroom lost in sinkhole (1 Viewer)

Did the house not have a concrete slab foundation? I would think the slab would still be intact if the rest of the house is standing.

Also, why not lower a crew down off a crane to cut through the roof and enter that part of the house. They could have then taken a better view of the hole before filling it with the demolition debris.

So is he confirmed dead? I am confused how this works out, maybe because I didn't read the story.. but is there any chance of rescuing him?

I always sleep with my phone next to me, so if this ever happens I will at least make a few phone calls before I go ;)

Did the house not have a concrete slab foundation? I would think the slab would still be intact if the rest of the house is standing.

the original article said the slab crumbled.

So is he confirmed dead? I am confused how this works out, maybe because I didn't read the story.. but is there any chance of rescuing him?

not confirmed but presumed. When they change it from a rescue to a recovery they assume they are trying to find a body. Sometimes you can't confirm it.

Also, why not lower a crew down off a crane to cut through the roof and enter that part of the house. They could have then taken a better view of the hole before filling it with the demolition debris.

I have been wondering the same thing about the concrete slab but I guess it caved in but still seems hard to believe. Not doubting the reports but just don't understand that part of it. Maybe it was not a slab but it sure looks like it is.

Good point on the debris piling in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom